Papyrocranus Afer - pom pom knife, reticulated knife, aro knife, blah blah blah

Mike King

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Massachusetts
simple economics really .... they are worth whatever interested individuals are willing to pay for these rare mountainous wild apple from Afghanistan! I personally would rather have an orange that was shade grown from the southern tier of Easter Island in a self contained geo-dome! :)

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Sorry, I didn't realize I would spark such a silly discussion.
Back on track - let us know when these guys come in. Thanks!

mrblah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
earth
Sorry, I didn't realize I would spark such a silly discussion.
Back on track - let us know when these guys come in. Thanks!
its not a silly discussion when you're the one putting out the cash to bring them in...

besides, you never answered the question. would you be willing to pay 100 bucks for 1? 200 bucks? 10 bucks? 25 bucks?

Mike King

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Massachusetts
regardless of the price... owning a rare fish in a truly rewarding hobby is worth every penny!

Wes, glad to see that you are continuously bringing in such quality rarities!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
its not a silly discussion when you're the one putting out the cash to bring them in...

besides, you never answered the question. would you be willing to pay 100 bucks for 1? 200 bucks? 10 bucks? 25 bucks?
I have never seen them priced as high as one hndred bucks but the ones that are more spotted are usually priced a little higher than the ones with less spotting.There may even be two separate species.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
simple economics really .... they are worth whatever interested individuals are willing to pay for these rare mountainous wild apple from Afghanistan! I personally would rather have an orange that was shade grown from the southern tier of Easter Island in a self contained geo-dome! :)

see I pay for this forum, so I can spark whatever discussion I want. So the above mentioned shade grown orange from easter island, really? is there such a thing? I'd pay $20.00 to sample it. I'm all about exotic fruits!

P.afer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
California
My fish attacks my dog as it passes by, and slams into the acrylic tank. But it has not been able to catch three of the ameca splendens I put in their for food.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My fish attacks my dog as it passes by, and slams into the acrylic tank. But it has not been able to catch three of the ameca splendens I put in their for food.
Have you made any posts or added pictures in the knifefish subforum? The afer is very much underepresented there.

P.afer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
California
This is my third post, and most of my pictures so far have more spot algae than fish, I will work on some new photos.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
so whatever happened? Did the knives come through? Did the people buy them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store