Setting up my first saltie

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
Pics?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Still looks exactly like the last pic-full of cloudy water, but I'm hoping to get my rock tonight so if I do I'll definitly throw some pics up of them. They're coming from a very well established tank so they should have some nice coraline on them.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
My first attempt at scaping. I'm going to be re-doing it though since the guy I got the rock from has more he's willing to get rid of so I'll be adding more rock soon. The results of the first tests are as follows pH-8.0, NH4-0.25, NO2-0, NO3-0, SG-1.023

2013-03-23_19-19-35_143.jpg

2013-03-23_19-19-35_143.jpg

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I've found that less is more in a smaller tank as far as an aquascaping stand point. Looks really nice. Can't wait to see it after the water clears up. Ph is a little low too

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
Thanks, I've already swapped the top two pieces around since the one on the left didn't seem stable enough for me. I only want to get a few more small pieces to add, but am already pretty happy with how it's turning out. I was going to wait til the end of the cycle to do anything about the pH since I'm hoping that the rock will help buffer the water some. I'd like to avoid having to use any more additives than necessary.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Thanks, I've already swapped the top two pieces around since the one on the left didn't seem stable enough for me. I only want to get a few more small pieces to add, but am already pretty happy with how it's turning out. I was going to wait til the end of the cycle to do anything about the pH since I'm hoping that the rock will help buffer the water some. I'd like to avoid having to use any more additives than necessary.
It makes me happy that you aren't retarted

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store