Tankmates for wolves (Hoplias malabaricus)

hengyi86

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 2, 2011
Singapore
Lots! ranging from kelah/mansheer, Indo Tigers/dats, Armatus, African Tiger fish, Peacockbass, tiginrnus, L191 small ones, kois, stingrays,and many more!!!

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
My tanks not big enough for a playmate. My girl is mean tho. She is a glass banger, especially at night. When I get a bigger tank I'm definately looking forward to trying some cohabs.

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
I have 3 angels in with my two wolves been together with the angels for like 4 months no problems. Because of the angels profile they arent viewed as food. But definitely not a permanent solution. Both wolves are about 4 inches. Planning on putting them in with my cichlids here soon.I would have already except wifey went and put in a 2inch cichlid that would be food immediately. I might do it anyway and let nature run its course. If wolves caught a cichlid in the wild and could eat it it would and vice versa.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I've had success with bichirs, brycons, and dorado.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I currently have my 12" mala with a 10" odoe and a 23"(ish) Silver Aro. The wolf does these aggression displays, but so far no one has so much as nipped a fin. Still terrifying when all 3 are in the same section of my tank though.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
IMO, larger wolves (mala and curups) can only be kept with large top swimming and midswimming fish. That's not even a garentee. Any bottom dweller is going to be toast, especially the slow ones.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
IMO, larger wolves (mala and curups) can only be kept with large top swimming and midswimming fish. That's not even a garentee. Any bottom dweller is going to be toast, especially the slow ones.
I currently have my 12" curupira with a 13" endli and a 15" vulture cat, and the wolf and bichir are best friends and both hate the catfish.

Sent from my ADR6400L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I currently have my 12" curupira with a 13" endli and a 15" vulture cat, and the wolf and bichir are best friends and both hate the catfish.

Sent from my ADR6400L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
well anything can happen. Good or the ugly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store