What direction should I go? Help me decide please!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Yea, "old school" seemed to be getting crushed!!lol
Its just a little overdone... But to be honest, i kinda have an "old school" setup myself! Clown knife, Arowana, 2 Oscars, ID Shark, Leporinus, Sun Cat etc...

But, I think the OP should do something AWESOME and show everyone something "NEW"! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
I vote African biotope as well. I'm partial to the idea myself, I'm fairly certain that's the way I'm going when I upgrade. Some larger riverine cichlids as dithers, polys, etc. Maybe even a small rock outcropping at one corner with some smaller yellow lab type cichlids.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Can anyone tell me what to look for in a fire eel to get a stunner? Would the fore eel get beat up by the ornate bichirs I'm considering?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
wont you be looking for larger examples anyhow? how bigs your baft rob?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
ahhh ok, good stuff... options are pretty much wide open then...problem will be more than likely the other fish outgrowing him then!-0

also got the mbu puffer!-) and climbing perch!

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Its just a little overdone... But to be honest, i kinda have an "old school" setup myself! Clown knife, Arowana, 2 Oscars, ID Shark, Leporinus, Sun Cat etc...

But, I think the OP should do something AWESOME and show everyone something "NEW"! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Agreed 100%..Looking forward to whatever the op creates here. Closest thing i had to an all African setup is when i was a synodontis cat freak and 90% of my bottom dwelling cleanup crew were them. Then i found clown loaches and syno cats were out the door:)

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i would chose the African Biotope. But don't forget to add a group of African Tiger scats!!! That would look insane with a BATF.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
And a mbu!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store