What do you do with outgrown fishes?

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My own personal fish, I will upgrade to make room for. Just set up a 82" by 43" pond to spead out the stock a bit more. Have to finish the framing on the 8' by 4' pond and plumb that as well.

At work all the time we get stuck taking customer trade ins. These often just end up getting put down as most are not in a saleable condition because of their prior care. Or they are just out right refused because of their size. There has been a guy asking for months for us to take his rtc, and it's still small, only 16". We don't want to be stuck with a fish he couldn't even give away that constantly eats.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Well if that goes for me then I'll just have a pic for a good catch. =) good for you because you do have a variety of those fish, here in our place we've got some irresponsible people who dump plecos into our river causing a massive disarrangement to the natural flow of fish in here, now it's infested with plecos, and also tilapia and snakeheads (which in our place is a food source not a adoption pet type, not on the plecos tho normally no one would eat that armor-full-fish)

vvvvvvvvvvvv

The problem with this is that fish is already too big for the tank, tho I managed to rehome a lucky pleco that was caught in a lake near here. (it was only 9 inches long)

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
My own personal fish, I will upgrade to make room for. Just set up a 82" by 43" pond to spead out the stock a bit more. Have to finish the framing on the 8' by 4' pond and plumb that as well.

At work all the time we get stuck taking customer trade ins. These often just end up getting put down as most are not in a saleable condition because of their prior care. Or they are just out right refused because of their size. There has been a guy asking for months for us to take his rtc, and it's still small, only 16". We don't want to be stuck with a fish he couldn't even give away that constantly eats.
^^^
see this guy? A pond! yes, DYI ponds are way too easy if you're really into it tho. And we've got a lots of lots of people who would even help you for that pond by means of info sharing, may it be to tools to etc. Just look it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store