Your thoughts on breeding BATMAN rays?

BATMAN rays breeding?

• Yes, lets learn more and see what happens!

Votes: 85 57.0%
  • No, we dont need this in the ray industry!

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Depends on the offspring created....

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
gigas12;3440549; said:
Hi,no way,we need pure species!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

how are they not pure :ROFL:

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I have to say no.. Look at the Cichlid community. Wild type, Natural fish are considered Gold by many enthusists because of all the tinkering we've done with various cichlid species. Thats my own personal views on it. Do I think batmans should be destroyed or not bred? no.. but I also don't believe the trait should be encouraged. As another pointed out the effort could be put to better use imo.. but thats also someones time and money.. so really it is the individual hobbiest/breeders perogative. Granted batman rays seem to be more akin to an albino or leutistic.. comparitively to an actual "hybrid" I've seen many pictures of the "man-made" batman rays and it's disgusting, worse imo then even the dye injection you see. The rare true batmans are very interesting, and tbh by "encourageing propigation" you're goign to see even more of these fake batmans imo. Personally I'd rather see further understanding of what this trait is in actuallity before jumping the gun and trying to "breed it" If it's a simple fin deformaty, and something thats not akin to like autism in humans. Have at it. but if it's somethign that causes gross deformaties in and of itself and not simply just the physical appearance, Then morally it is wrong. my own personal oppinion. Any animal breeder should always strive to improve a breed, not simply make money. Thats what seperate a dog or horse breeder from a "backyard breeder" and the same imo holds firm in the fish industry. Abnormalties happen in the best of breeding set-ups, there are people always intregued by the "exotic".

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
gigas12;3440549; said:
Hi,no way,we need pure species!
A batman ray can still be pure and have this body type. :D

MonsterMinis;3440866; said:
Any animal breeder should always strive to improve a breed, not simply make money.
What if one wants to breed not for money but for knowledge?

DavidW

INCOMING!!!
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
Manaus, Brasil
Gr8KarmaSF;3441611; said:
What if one wants to breed not for money but for knowledge?

check the definition of Malfeasance and you will see why this would be unethical

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Ohhh I love getting homework for once instead of giving it - LOL

I will check once I get home....

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
mal·fea·sance (m
l-f
z
ns) n. Misconduct or wrongdoing, especially by a public official.

[Anglo-Norman malfaisance, from Old French malfaisant, malfeasant, present participle of malfaire, to do evil, from Latin malefacere; see malefactor.]
mal·fea
sant
adj. & n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
malfeasance [mal-fee-zanss]
Noun
Law wrongful or illegal behaviour, esp. by a public official [Old French mal faisant evil-doing]
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006
malfeasance
wrongdoing or improper or dishonest conduct, especially by a person who holds public office or a position of trust. Cf. misfeasance. — malfeasant, adj.
See also: Crime
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun1.malfeasance - wrongful conduct by a public official actus reus, wrongful conduct, misconduct, wrongdoing - activity that transgresses moral or civil law; "he denied any wrongdoing"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nic - stop that, you are going to get me in trouble for doing my homework for me!!! You should have PMed me the info, now he will know...lol

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
your post was at 1245 my time... you could have easily looked it up since then :p

but i have some homework for ya if your interested....

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nic;3444184; said:
your post was at 1245 my time... you could have easily looked it up since then :p
Umm hello?!?, I have a JOB!!!!! :nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store