Want to start a salt water tank

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So what is the "gravity" stuff and what stuff would I need for a new tank and what are begginer fish thanks
The specific gravity is the amount of salt that is in the water and a hydrometer is the instrument that is used to find that out.
Ohhhh okay thanks and what other things shouldd I have in say a 40 gallon salt water tank along with good beginner fish thanks
No problem and Big G pretty much covered it in post number six.

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
The specific gravity is the amount of salt that is in the water and a hydrometer is the instrument that is used to find that out.

Okay thanks I will go look at that I was wondering about all this because one of my next tanks will be my first saltwater I'm so excited you have been helpful thanks

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
Do

Do you know good beginner salt water fish by chance thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do
Do you know good beginner salt water fish by chance thanks
Yep,damsels,very hardy.There are a few different species to choose from and most of them are colorful.They are like the cichlids of saltwatet lol.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My advice is be patient, and do more research because it can become expensive very quickly.

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
Yep,damsels,very hardy.There are a few different species to choose from and most of them are colorful.They are like the cichlids of saltwatet lol.
All right so how big do damsels get and how eels clown fish do mostly just like the fish from finding Nemo like the dory fish and the fish in the tank what size tank would they require thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
First have to found places to look for research thanks
It wasn't around when I first got into saltwater keeping but the internet is right there for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store