My Jardini's tank ammonia reading. Safe or not?

Coco Afable

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2017
Houston Texas
vimeo.com
IMG_3736.JPG IMG_3733.JPG Hi guys, what are the numbers do you see on this reading? I'm seeing a number between 0 - 0.25ppm. What do you guys see? My nitrites is at 0ppm and nitrates between 10-20ppm. Iam not quite sure if misterhamster(Jardini) is doing alright, he seems to be staying in one corner of the tank when I'm around. But I do catch him swimming if he doesn't see me. Just got him 2 days ago by the way.

Suga

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2017
Florida
That is the same exact color as mine. I have 220gal and 2 aros. No matter what I did, I just cannot change it to 0 ppm, but the fish seem to be healthy and fine. It is normal for new aro to be skittish in new environment. Mine does the same but now (after 3 weeks) they don't care whether I am around or not. They even come to me when feeding time.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Try rinsing the vials out very well every time you get finished testing with them some suggest rinsing them out with distilled water. I agree give Aro time to get comfortable with its surroundings I personally would toss some floating plants in to make little Aro feel more secure until it gets bigger.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
View attachment 1251207 View attachment 1251206 Hi guys, what are the numbers do you see on this reading? I'm seeing a number between 0 - 0.25ppm. What do you guys see? My nitrites is at 0ppm and nitrates between 10-20ppm. Iam not quite sure if misterhamster(Jardini) is doing alright, he seems to be staying in one corner of the tank when I'm around. But I do catch him swimming if he doesn't see me. Just got him 2 days ago by the way.
I use that kit, and that looks essentially 0 to me. If not I have a problem ;-). But it's been almost 3 years so I'm ok with it.

Reactions: tlindsey

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
look yellow to me. I would suggest that with a fully cycled tank you should not have any issues processing the ammonia. unless you test and can confirm. your cycle is not working then don't stress it.

Might be worth testing a sample of water from a distilled bottle and compare the color to that of tank water to see if its the same. if it is that could rule out a lot of things.

Reactions: DN328 and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store