330 gallon setup and sump build

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Nice! I wish they would have messed up my order so I could get a free pump. Lol
Lol a little bit of a struggle but it all worked out in the end. Great customer service from the company aquas who sold it amazon. Really helped me out. The guys english was not so good but did the right thing. Even offered to send the other pump back and told me to keep it as a backup

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Lol a little bit of a struggle but it all worked out in the end. Great customer service from the company aquas who sold it amazon. Really helped me out. The guys english was not so good but did the right thing. Even offered to send the other pump back and told me to keep it as a backup
That spare pump could come in handy for water changes

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
That spare pump could come in handy for water changes
I was trying to think of how to hook it up for that. It doesn't have the power pack though it's just a pump so I would have to take one of the others apart to do it. Thought about just getting a small pump and hooking it up to my python

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Find a power supply that works fir it and get a hose used for pool filters

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Glad it worked out for you. Hey, I'll take bad English with good service over good English with bad service anyday LOL...

You can always save as a back up to swap out in an ermergency. Id also price out if it's worth buying the power supply and contoller. Many DC has that, but you may end up spending more.

Reactions: jvc66

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Pool filter hose is a good idea
I'll take some pics of what i did pretty easy man just run the hose out the window. Takes about 8 min to drain the 300 gal

Use the search function for jebao pumps there was an older thread (maybe a year or so ago) regarding jebao and power supplies. They were making some modifications to them. Maybe resurrect that thread and figure out a way to modify the power supply you have.

Also wondering is it that big of a deal to use the spare pump with one of the power supplies you have ? Even though they are meant for the larger pumps you'd only be using for a few minutes

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Glad it worked out for you. Hey, I'll take bad English with good service over good English with bad service anyday LOL...

You can always save as a back up to swap out in an ermergency. Id also price out if it's worth buying the power supply and contoller. Many DC has that, but you may end up spending more.
lol I'll take the bad English any day! But that's what I was planning on doing. Figured once everything is up and running I'll look for another power supply and controller to see if it's worth it

I'll take some pics of what i did pretty easy man just run the hose out the window. Takes about 8 min to drain the 300 gal

Use the search function for jebao pumps there was an older thread (maybe a year or so ago) regarding jebao and power supplies. They were making some modifications to them. Maybe resurrect that thread and figure out a way to modify the power supply you have.

Also wondering is it that big of a deal to use the spare pump with one of the power supplies you have ? Even though they are meant for the larger pumps you'd only be using for a few minutes
Awesome would love to see that setup. You have a window in your basement to put the hose out of?

I'll do a search today and look for it. And technically the pump is a 12000 as the guy said. The 9000/12000 are both the same exact pump. Only difference is the sticker they put on and the power supply they send it with. Your really just paying for the different power supply when you think about it

Reactions: jaws7777

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Hah, have them drill a whole for bulkhead and add a strainer. If you end up getting components to use the spare pump to drain the tank you could incorporate to your plumbing. I T'ed my closed loop circulation, added a ball valve to redirect the water to drain using my clc pump. You would just have a dedicated pump in this case. Add a quick connect tank plumbing so it's a matter of just connecting a hose to drain to sink or outside.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store