New Monster fish Setup

Maad Shai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi MFK’s
Wel i have a 100g tank setup for my silver Aro, 50g for Kamfa Flowerhorn, 50g for SRD Flowerhorn. Planning to setup a big monster tank for 3 or 5 Aro’s, sting ray, arapaima.

I need help and suggestions mainly for 3 this ngs.
1) suggested Size for the tank (glass)
2) tank setup (need attractive & natural)
3) filteration.

Really looking forward for this endeavour...

Reactions: Matteus

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm going to be brutally honest with you.
You already screwed up. That silver arowana needs a lot more then a 100 gallon. They'll need a tank that 8 feet long and 3 feet wide at least.
Those flower horns both need a bigger tank. Some people will say a 75 will be ok while others say a 125 is the minimum.
Don't even think about getting the arapima. They're called tank busters for a reason. Going off the fact you got a silver arowana for a 100 gallon I can say pretty confidently that any tank you get he will out grow it and you couldn't afford a tank big enough for one.
To be honest I'd say you're not ready for a tank big enough to house several arowanas and stingrays. I don't think you'd be able to keep a stingray properly actually since you have fish in tanks too small for them and I doubt you'd be able to keep up with the maintenance that's required by them.
In short, I'd give up this idea and take care of the fish you have now.

Reactions: Bertie07

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok after reading your posts I may have been slightly wrong about you but there's still no way you can have an arapima.

Reactions: The-Almighty-Zugs

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I'm going to be brutally honest with you.
You already screwed up. That silver arowana needs a lot more then a 100 gallon. They'll need a tank that 8 feet long and 3 feet wide at least.
Those flower horns both need a bigger tank. Some people will say a 75 will be ok while others say a 125 is the minimum.
Don't even think about getting the arapima. They're called tank busters for a reason. Going off the fact you got a silver arowana for a 100 gallon I can say pretty confidently that any tank you get he will out grow it and you couldn't afford a tank big enough for one.
To be honest I'd say you're not ready for a tank big enough to house several arowanas and stingrays. I don't think you'd be able to keep a stingray properly actually since you have fish in tanks too small for them and I doubt you'd be able to keep up with the maintenance that's required by them.
In short, I'd give up this idea and take care of the fish you have now.
Hmm. fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 id say your my bro, and I talk to my bros like this..

That’s a pretty presumptuous statement. You don’t know this guy, and or his capabilities. Something I do know about online global communications is that it is easy to mis understand someone else’s version of English. If someone from India is speaking English it most likely isn’t their first language and there may be some communication barriers to leave to interpretation. This being said I think his plan is to rehome some or most of the current fish to a bigger set up, which he was asking advice on how to set up. I think.. I am not saying this to belittle anyone but to hopefully create an environment that newer members feel safe to ask questions. I think some times we get caught up in policing people’s tank sizes that we can forget they may not have been informed like lots of people on this site may be. I’m pretty sure no one likes a “know it all” telling them everything they are doing is wrong, but we all make friends our own ways right.

I like that you may have seen what you have done and sort of tried to tone it down a bit at the end. I’m not hating on you in anyway, just want everyone to be treated with respect even if they don’t have a doctorit in fish biology.

Reactions: TheWolfman

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I'll be honest, you're looking at something that is probably in the range of 10,000+ gallons for a full grown arapaima...
If you're wanting to keep the flower horn with an arapaima I'd say don't, assuming you have an enclosure big enough to house a full grown arapaima you'd run into the issue of it just swallowing the flowerhorns
I think it'd be more reasonable to do a 500+ gallon tank with a single arowana and a couple of stingrays in it

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Leave the araipaima to public aquaria/zoos. That one should be a no brainer, no hobbyist should even think about housing one of those monsters.

Your 3-5 arowanas and your sting rays, no problem. Joey has 3 arowanas and 4 stingrays in his 2000g aquarium so that could be used as a guide as to the size of set up required. However, joeys fish are still growing. Whether his 2000g tank is suitable for his 3 arowana and 4 stingrays when they hit full size is debatable. Whichever way, you're looking at a big set up for what you want.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I’d say a 800 gallon tank for a single aro and 3 rays with some other tankmates maybe. The dimensions of the tank should be about 9ft L x 4ft wide x 3ft T

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I’d say a 800 gallon tank for a single aro and 3 rays with some other tankmates maybe.

Maad Shai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hmm. fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 id say your my bro, and I talk to my bros like this..

how to set up. I think.. I am not saying this to belittle anyone but to hopefully create an environment that newer members feel safe to ask questions. I think some times we get caught up in policing people’s tank sizes that we can forget they may not have been informed like lots of people on this site may be. I’m pretty sure no one likes a “know it all” telling them everything they are doing is wrong, but we all make friends our own ways right.

I like that you may have seen what you have done and sort of tried to tone it down a bit at the end. I’m not hating on you in anyway, just want everyone to be treated with respect even if they don’t have a doctorit in fish biology.
Well thank you for tour support . Hou just made my point pretty clear as to what i want. Sir fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 I appreciate you being honest about everything, but you have misunderstood everything. Anyways i still am open to suggestions on what would be the right way to treat these mighty creatures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store