Thoughts on Ohio Fish Rescue and Big Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
You talk about it like he has had it for last 8 years...

It still doesn't take away from all the overstocked aquariums.

Many of you are diverting away from the obvious as if one good thing makes up for all the other fish in sub par condition.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Your one to talk. You call a 36 year old young like I am a child but that's alright.

Your one of the biggest elitists on this forum. I have no problem blocking your comments as they are always in poor manner. I been over your attitude for a long time now.

Next please.
There comes the elitist tag, didn't take that long, right? ... and an attack on another one of our legends...

Followed by an attack on all of us mere unenlightened mortals:

He overstocks all his tank and feeds process meat for human consumption to his fish.
Are you all drunk? If you think this is okay you must be on something.

It's not a fish rescue, it's a crowed shelter at best.
I must change my diagnosis. You are not a hater, Philip. You are so arrogant that it is below yourself to award anyone with such a feeling of yours as hate. We are not worthy of either your love, nor your hate. And you are not interested in learning but in repeating your own senseless babble. Your diagnosis is an extreme and terminal case of pride, so extreme, it's revolting. MFK would benefit if you left, IMHO, actually any community would. Next please.

Reactions: Iamfish

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
There comes the elitist tag, didn't take that long, right? ... and an attack on another one of our legends...

I must change my diagnosis. You are not a hater, Philip. You are so arrogant that it is below yourself to award anyone with such a feeling of yours as hate. We are not worthy of either your love, nor your hate. And you are not interested in learning but in repeating your own senseless babble. Your diagnosis is an extreme and terminal case of pride, so extreme, it's revolting. MFK would benefit if you left, IMHO, actually any community would. Next please.
I feel the same way about you. Glad we agree.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario

Again avoiding the topic of discussion only to post hate on another member.

Your a gem.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You talk about it like he has had it for last 8 years...
I don't care how long he's had it,the point is he has it.He's probably had those multiple thousand plus gallon tanks for 8 years or better.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok I’m done here, I’ve reached a point where I no longer think there can be a rational discussion. Let me know how it turns out.
Before I go I would like to say 1 think to op.

Bud, some of these people have been keeping fish for as long as you’ve been alive or almost as long so they likely know what they’re talking about. If you can push your opinions and thoughts to the side and truly listen to what they have to say then you may end up seeing things in a new light. Or you may see them the same, who knows, the main thing is that you looked at it from a new persoectivd.

By the way, Rd may come off as a jerk sometimes/most times but it’s only because he doesn’t like foolishness and he has very strong opinions. I straight up hated him for the longest time but I’ve come to realize I was wrong and I now highly respect him as he is just so knowledgeable and is actually willing to help just about anyone (permitting he can) if they will accept his advice.

I hope you’ll take my advice bud.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
The fact that none of you disagree that he overstocks his tanks and feeds crap food to his fish only confirms everything :)

But hey has not has a massive pond that he can begin to overstock and feed more processed meat to fish. What a guy, he is a fish savior....

What a joke!

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
He overstocks all his tank and feeds process meat for human consumption to his fish.
Are you all drunk? If you think this is okay you must be on something.

It's not a fish rescue, it's a crowed shelter at best.
You attacked him personally. You have yet to quantify that. You said he can barely take care of himself how do you know that?
I agree the hotdogs is unconventional and probably not the best food but he is not the only person ive heard of or seen doing it. Running a rescue is not easy or profitable. He is doing it out of the goodness of his heart how is that bad in anyway? These fish are healthy, happy, and alive all thanks to him. The problem is not him its the lfs/consumers that continue the bad practices of selling /purchasing without conscience. I get it people sometimes have issues and plans dont go well, best layed plans and all that, and things need to be rehomed/given up. Isnt it comendable for someone to want to and be able to step up and help? I agree with the statement somewhere above that instead of criticizing him for some of the choices he may be forced into try to be more like him and lend a hand.
As for being drunk I think I need to start drinking again between work, my wife, and this bs I keep getting drawn into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store