Thoughts on Ohio Fish Rescue and Big Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Our society has reached the point where no modest act of charity exists, that some self-aggrandizing miscreant will not stoop to slaughter it in public, and feel himself a hero as he twists the knife.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Cya. It's not about bashing anyone. It's about poor fish keeping habits of a big online fish guy. If he can't maintain proper stocking and feed based on the needs of the animals he shouldn't have them. It's that simple. I'm not the only one who feels like this. Many many comments on his videos over the years.

Mfk has a soft spot for big rich and a hate for King of diy. Both of which I don't get.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Our society has reached the point where no modest act of charity exists, that some self-aggrandizing miscreant will not stoop to slaughter it in public, and feel himself a hero as he twists the knife.

No one cares about some random guy who just joined the forum. The door is -----> way

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Your to old.... You have clearly lost some of your mental health over the years.

Computers are probably far to advanced for someone like you.

Tbh I don't give a dick avout how old you are. If anything it makes me feel bad for you

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The fact that none of you disagree that he overstocks his tanks and feeds crap food to his fish only confirms everything :)

But hey has not has a massive pond that he can begin to overstock and feed more processed meat to fish. What a guy, he is a fish savior....

What a joke!
I’ve seen multiple people disagree with you, I feel you just intentionally ignore what they’ve said. Again he doesn’t purely feed hotdogs. A hotdog from time to time won’t kill the fish. I doubt it even harms the fish. It only looks like he feeds them to catfish which naturally feed on rotting/decaying food on the lake bottom. Id say those are about equal.

As for overstocked, I don’t see those tanks as overstocked. They are multi thousand gallons a piece. He has the ability to move any fish to a different thousand gallon tank if he feels they are getting crowded. Case and point, he created a 58,000 gallon pond to reduce some stock as he himself achknowledged some tanks are getting crowded. Not many people have that ability.

As for the koi you keep bringing up, he is currently working with the same company that just converted his pool to make a koi pond in his front yard. I imagine a few thousand gallons.

The platinum gars for all we know could have been in that tank momentarily until their main tank was up and running. Or it could have been a QT system. A 300 gallon QT system is pretty good if you ask myself.

If you look at his fish they are healthy. Now, looking at your threads I see 90% of the ones you started are about either feeding your fish as you don’t know what to feed, how to medicate a fish, or if there is something wrong with your fish. Kinda ironic the guy bashing poor fish keeping behaviour is leading the charge on unhealthy fish? I think you should try hot dogs, may improve your fishes health.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The fact that none of you disagree that he overstocks his tanks and feeds crap food to his fish only confirms everything :)

But hey has not has a massive pond that he can begin to overstock and feed more processed meat to fish. What a guy, he is a fish savior....

What a joke!
He is overweight... Do I really need to elaborate?

He had to get people to move his fish, again self explanatory.

My tank is properly fed, stocked, and maintained by me. Rich can't say the same thing.

A rescue needs to be a higher quality of living than that which is being presented at Ohio fish rescue.

I am allowed my opinion,. I opened it up for mfk to share yours and I am glad I did.

As far as not responding immediately, it's simply because I have a life outside of mfk which I am busy with. I am not watching the forums all day.

Certain times of the day I have down time and I can respond to some messages as I am doing now.
Yes he may overstock some of his tanks, but its a rescue, kind of like how dog pounds sometimes just have too many dogs to deal with, but they do it and try to give the best home they can to the animals in their care...

I have not seen his parameters so cant comment, but his fish seem healthy and not deformed, which is more than i can say if they stayed in their original tanks...

As for feeding hot dogs, he chooses the leanest ones he can to cut back on fats and extra protein, he also stated that he mixed up their diet with shrimp and tilapia as well... so really, why keep hounding on just the hot dogs when thats clearly not the only food he feeds?

I mean he even said in one of the videos you posted he goes through 8 pounds of food each day? That comes to a lot of money and time spent preparing...

i would go as far as to challenge anyone to try and do what hes doing even at half the scale out of their own pocket and see how far they get and how long they last...

Anyhow, at the end of the day, i agree everyone is allowed their opinion, but please lay off the personal attacks and keep it about the fish...

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Healthy fish don't lay in the back corner of the tank and don't move... Watch his videos. ...
I used to dive in a few lakes you may be familiar with. Lake simcoe being one of them. If you dive in simcoe in around 30ft of water off the shore of snake and fox island you will find hundreds of crayfish on the bottom. There with them are smallmouth bass with full bellies. You can get so close to almost touch them. Lazy behavior in large fish is very common. Especially well fed healthy fish. Catfish being some of the laziest. I bet if you went into that room when the lights are off the catfish would be all over.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
All of which are heavily overstocked and improperly cared for. Good job Rich
Ok his overstock so what, probably 90% of the member here are overstock. **** freaking go to the zoo and look at the exhibits there they are overstock, go to public aquarium they are also overstock, my neighbors 3 bedroom house with 11 ppl is ****ing overstock, are they healthy, living happy and breathing? YES. Instead of yapping around here wont you do a fish rescue center and rescue the fish from rich place since you think that they being abused.And maybe the members here will appriciate what your doing and will support your cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store