Thoughts on Ohio Fish Rescue and Big Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I suspected this was a troll play in the beginning hence the question in my first post in this thread.Then you finally came back and explained your position in a lengthy post but now you just keep going on about the hot dogs as if that is all he feeds those fish and so called overcrowding.....at least you stopped talking about Rich not being able to take care of himself as it is very obviously not true.If he couldn't take care of himself then he certainly would not be able to maintain those massive tanks and ponds that makes yours look like a bead of sweat.
Trolls gonna troll and haters gonna hate.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
He is overweight... Do I really need to elaborate?

He had to get people to move his fish, again self explanatory.

My tank is properly fed, stocked, and maintained by me. Rich can't say the same thing.

A rescue needs to be a higher quality of living than that which is being presented at Ohio fish rescue.

I am allowed my opinion,. I opened it up for mfk to share yours and I am glad I did.

As far as not responding immediately, it's simply because I have a life outside of mfk which I am busy with. I am not watching the forums all day.

Certain times of the day I have down time and I can respond to some messages as I am doing now.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
You talk about it like he has had it for last 8 years...

It still doesn't take away from all the overstocked aquariums.

Many of you are diverting away from the obvious as if one good thing makes up for all the other fish in sub par condition.
What is your suggestion or solution?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
He is overweight... Do I really need to elaborate?

He had to get people to move his fish, again self explanatory.

My tank is properly fed, stocked, and maintained by me. Rich can't say the same thing.

A rescue needs to be a higher quality of living than that which is being presented at Ohio fish rescue.
1 yes you do.
2 how? Thats alot of fish.
3 your tank is properly stocked and maintained compared to what? Nature? Someone else? Who told you it was proper? What is your proof?
really how do you know they arent healthy? They look and act healthy. Is that how you gauge your fish? Hmmmm?
4 again where do you see sick unhealthy fish? They all look great. What is your gauge? Id like to see/understand.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
What is your suggestion or solution?

Rehome many fish, stop feeding filler, get more help to ensure proper water quality if maintained, don't accept new fish unless you can actually provide for it.

Be better than the average hobbyist. IMO he has some of the most overstocked crowded tanks on YouTube. The fish have no room to move before bumping into another fish. No opportunity for any home for the fish. Just a crowed cell.

It's simple, the same advice many of you give to all other hobbyist rich needs to hear it too.

I am not the first people to call him out for this either. Read the comments....

If a Oscar deserves as 90g or better, then a 4foot fish should have what? Or hey I got an idea let's put 15+ fish all monsters some reaching over or close to 4 feet in a 1500g. That seems reasonable?

1 dovii gets a 300g. So maybe 2 rtc for a 1500g. And ever that is way to small to be honest.

Healthy fish don't lay in the back corner of the tank and don't move... Watch his videos. ...

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
1 yes you do.
2 how? Thats alot of fish.
3 your tank is properly stocked and maintained compared to what? Nature? Someone else? Who told you it was proper? What is your proof?
really how do you know they arent healthy? They look and act healthy. Is that how you gauge your fish? Hmmmm?
4 again where do you see sick unhealthy fish? They all look great. What is your gauge? Id like to see/understand.

It's called using common sense. I can't believe I need to explain how to research a fish and try and give it a good life. But he is a short explanation for you and another else who cares.

1. How big does the fish get?
2. How active is this fish?
3. Does it come from calm water or high currents?
4. Is it a predator or community fish?
5. What does its natural diet consists of?
6. What water temperature is required?
7. What does it natural habit consist of? Plants? Rocks? Open waters?

By answering these questions about the fish you want to keep and doing the research to the best of your ability we can then design a home and care for it in a good way.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Cats? Really?

Not worth responding to such stupidity. Worse analogy ever, lol.
The cat comment was an analogy/metaphor.

Shall I start speaking literally instead?

If he couldn't take care of himself then he certainly would not be able to maintain those massive tanks and ponds that makes yours look like a bead of sweat.
You mean if he was a self centered narcissist he'd take better care of animals?

By the way, is personally abusing people online behind the protection of your keyboard empowering your well being? Do you realize the personal damage you may cause by doing that? Frankly, 99.9% of us can read, so can the person this thread is about, and they may actually believe the nonsense being spitted out.

This is not about me or you or my imaginary cat. It's about a human being.

Reactions: islandguy11

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Your a joke, I said one thing which is true and you act like I am e-harassing.. yet so many of you hear are attempting to bully me or come at me. I don't have a problem with big rich, but he is overweight. Fact.

If you think for one moment that I care about what some of you hear think of my personally, I don't. Say what you want it doesn't bother me.

Facts are I am not on trial here. I simply posted my opinion about a public figure in the hobby who claims he is a rescue for fish. I really feel like it's not a rescue.

• Haha
Reactions: Dloks
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store