Can I add an Arowana to this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Very well I can agree with that although given the fact he could get a runt arowana it is relevant.... but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about arowana getting 4ft in captivity
Do albinos silvers get as large as common silvers or more inline with blacks ?

I'd love to own an albino at some point

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Do albinos silvers get as large as common silvers or more inline with blacks ?

I'd love to own an albino at some point
From what I’ve heard it’s the same as silvers with less susceptibility to drop eye

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I had one myself but

i had one myself years ago but it jumped out of the tiniest hole where my fx6 intake was

View attachment 1373244

View attachment 1373245
Ugh sorry that happened. I lost a really nice juvie congicus to jumping. The one night i forget to secure the duct tape over the lid i paid for it.

I dont care for albino fish much but these albino aros have a majestic look to them.

Never had tue urge to replace it ?

Reactions: tcav88

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
When i was younger i dated girl who deployed these same tactics. Make crap up then get soo emotionally attached that you believe your own b.s. and hope that everyone involved shares your opinion.

You cant find one comment where i advise keeping large fish in small tanks ? Not even in this thread lol. You claim im this big bad trouble maker yet i havent gotten personal or argumentative.... you sure your not the trouble maker sweetheart ? I mean dude your still arguing about past threads.

Find one other person than yourself or my buddies rd and stanzzz that will agree with your comment and i'll gladly apologize and clarify my position.

So we are to believe i advocate for keeping large fish in small tanks when i myself dont ?

View attachment 1373242

Adn please spare me the derail accusations.... its mfk almost every thread veers off topic
I stand corrected -- you've never advocated or defended those who keep big fish in small tanks -- but thanks dude, you've totally answered my question: all along on those other threads you were just arguing with others for the sake of arguing or being a PIA -- what's commonly referred to online as being a 'troll' -- something you're clearly very practiced at.

So I've admitted my 'mistake' -- now I'm still waiting for you to answer my original query in post #44: where exactly did I say the need for a larger tank is the sole reason why Silvers die prematurely or don't get to 4'? I mean this is what seemed to get you up in arms enough to change the OP's subject from Silvers to Scleropages, so it deserves an answer, not continual evasion, just saying.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Asian Aro’s cant really be compared to silvers (at least not here) because anyone willing to drop the money for a nice Asian Aro is bound to do a lot of research into their needs before blowing money like that unless they are literally swimming in cash... Where as anyone who walks into an LFS could quite easily afford their cheaper silver cousins...

For example I cant count the amount of times i’ve seen young people (10-18yrs old) here walk out an LFS with baby silvers and tiny plastic aquariums, but never have i seen a person younger than say around 25 walk away with an Asian aro just due to price alone...

I mean silvers here might cost around USD $5-10 a piece for a small 5” fish...

But a nice Asian Aro even at just 10” could cost upwards of USD $1K - 2K+
This is very true, around these parts you can get a really nice 10"-11" Asian for around US$1K (though a higher quality Red would go closer to 2K) -- both prices which are probably 1/3-1/2 of what they would have costed 5-10 years ago. Many farms are producing a lot of nice fish, and for sure it's a buyer's market nowadays. Of course they'll never be as cheap as Silver or Jar, in fact I hope they don't, otherwise they'll suffer the same abuse these fish often get due to greedy LFS, naive buyers or online enablers.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I stand corrected -- you've never advocated or defended those who keep big fish in small tanks -- but thanks dude, you've totally answered my question: all along on those other threads you were just arguing with others for the sake of arguing or being a PIA -- what's commonly referred to online as being a 'troll' -- something you're clearly very practiced at.

So I've admitted my 'mistake' -- now I'm still waiting for you to answer my original query in post #44: where exactly did I say the need for a larger tank is the sole reason why Silvers die prematurely or don't get to 4'? I mean this is what seemed to get you up in arms enough to change the OP's subject from Silvers to Scleropages, so it deserves an answer, not continual evasion, just saying.
Ok i defended a guy who kept an oscar in a 55 gal admitted it wasnt the best situation and stated he no longer keeps said oscar in a 55 gal. Not trolling my man its a public site, your just wound too tight to see the difference between trolling and having a different opinion.

Thats not even close to what you are accusing me of. Your talking out of your ass with the intent to start drama. Yup i also argued against the ridiculous ban on large fish. You have nothing to prove your claims.... find evidence or be quiet already.

Your the queen of evading answers buddy. If i said soley and mischaracterized your comment i apologize. That doesnt change the fact that genetics was a valid question.

Reactions: tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Ugh sorry that happened. I lost a really nice juvie congicus to jumping. The one night i forget to secure the duct tape over the lid i paid for it.

I dont care for albino fish much but these albino aros have a majestic look to them.

Never had tue urge to replace it ?
Ehhh I’m no albino junkie neither I moved on to silvers then didn’t like the drop eye they all inevitably get so now I’m at blacks which I like a lot....they’re just a lot more shy than silvers.... a friend is trying to convince me to get an Afro lol but I don’t have it in me to mix continents....sorry to hear about your congicus as well

Reactions: jaws7777
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store