Arowana Knifefish???

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
My big Afer is a ?!

I have him with an Oscar and other fish an he has fought or killed everything. lol. I have had it for 6 or 7 years now and he's stunted, but will hold its own against alot! Not against my Giant Gourami however.

Jush

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2019
North West UK
www.instagram.com
My big boy is in my datnoid tank.They range in size and he mostly ignores them as he cruises around the tank.
He will get in the mood to pick with a few of them every now and then and that consists of pressing his open mouth up against them and pushing them until one of them has had enough and snaps at him and chases him off.
The smaller afer is about four inches and hides in it's cave in the growout tank most of the time.
I got myself one not long after I posted this, not sure what I think of him..

Jush

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2019
North West UK
www.instagram.com
My big Afer is a ?!

I have him with an Oscar and other fish an he has fought or killed everything. lol. I have had it for 6 or 7 years now and he's stunted, but will hold its own against alot! Not against my Giant Gourami however.
how does it kill other fish? does it have teeth or does it just bully and stress them to death?

Jush

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2019
North West UK
www.instagram.com
IMO most knifefish are grumpy bastards.
haha can vouch for some, my afer seems to be going that way, if he continues I have someone who extremely wants him off me, but I wont let him go until I figure out, think he might of taken chunk out of my african arowana... which is one of my most valued, at heart, fish. So if afer has done this he is going to the guy, but it could be the oscar haha

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Ive had docile fish like black ghost kill fish larger then it self. And my 20cm clown knife is a menace and has his own tank atm.?

Jush

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2019
North West UK
www.instagram.com
Ive had docile fish like black ghost kill fish larger then it self. And my 20cm clown knife is a menace and has his own tank atm.?
haha heard royal knives are most dossile of the clown knife shape knife fish, if that makes any sense

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
haha heard royal knives are most dossile of the clown knife shape knife fish, if that makes any sense
I would not agree on that. My bastard is an complete jock.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure if they have teeth or not,none are visible.They at least have capable jaws as they can tear other fish to shreds if they want to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store