How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
They built a new Costco two miles from my house and they deliver. We renewed our card online today so we wouldn't have to go in. I also bought my new fishing license online but I'm going to have to dig my worms because they closed the bait shop.
Might be a good idea to start a worm farm, it isn’t hard.

Reactions: Ulu

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I'm in that over 65 group people worry about on TV.

But from what I'm seeing it's not my old friends, but the young people who act worried the most.

This is what I see coming: More fear mongering, hoarding and scalping, typical selfish behavior.
But a year from now we will all feel so silly that it was the end of the world.

This train will get back on the track. Some of us won't be on it. Might be me, might be you.

But when is life ever more certain than that?
Couldn't agree more with this.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
We are on lockdown in the UK but you would not think it, people are treating it like a holiday and going to the beach etc. I'm classed as a key worker so have to go out to work and my GF has just been redeployed as a discharge nurse from her current nursing role.
We in the UK are going to get hit hard due to the selfish attitude of the many idiots we seem to have. At least they can go out sunbathing and enjoying the freak weather we are having spreading this virus all over the place in between stockpiling everything they can get their hands on while we have to work. We went shopping the other day after work and there was barely anything left.
Hopefully i'll be set back up for homeworking by next week so can stay in the house, we need more police or the army on the streets to make sure people are adhering to the lockdown but it is not happening.

• Sad
Reactions: Matteus and deeda
We are on lockdown in the UK but you would not think it, people are treating it like a holiday and going to the beach etc. I'm classed as a key worker so have to go out to work and my GF has just been redeployed as a discharge nurse from her current nursing role.
We in the UK are going to get hit hard due to the selfish attitude of the many idiots we seem to have. At least they can go out sunbathing and enjoying the freak weather we are having spreading this virus all over the place in between stockpiling everything they can get their hands on while we have to work. We went shopping the other day after work and there was barely anything left.
Hopefully i'll be set back up for homeworking by next week so can stay in the house, we need more police or the army on the streets to make sure people are adhering to the lockdown but it is not happening.
I love how everyone is buying all the food in the stores and yelling at people for going outside, stockpiling stuff etc., then go out to the beach.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
we need more police or the army on the streets to make sure people are adhering to the lockdown but it is not happening.
I find this way more disturbing than the virus itself. What you're talking about is a police state. Imprisoning people in their homes. I won't go all political or anything about it but I'll just say i strongly disagree and hope it does not come to this!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hope all you MFKers are staying safe.

As of 3 minutes ago lockdown began. Also found out my online classes for University were pushed back 20 days. So without much wood or steel I'm a dud. At least I grabbed a new bag of aquasoil for rescapes. Life is pretty much at a standstill now in South Africa.

• Sad
Reactions: Matteus

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I was engrossed in an interesting documentary last night when all of a sudden I heard a right racket outside, whistling, clapping, shouting and even the odd firework going off. I went outside and at every doorway I could see families were stood outside cheering and what not.

I wasn't aware but my neighbour explained when I got outside, apparently at 8pm last night it was planned that people would come outside and have a mass show of respect and appreciation for all those in the national health service who are really up against it at the moment.

I thought that was a nice gesture. So I cleared the phlegm from my throat and had a good old shout and whistle along with them.

When I got back inside my documentary had finished! Damn virus is even interfering with my night time viewing now!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
It's a new thing going around the world now
#hcwshoutout

At 8pm (especially if you live near a hospital) you go out and show your support since they are the front line soldiers in this

• Love
Reactions: esoxlucius

nathantiquity

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2020
I'm trying to start up a new tank, and the only thing I have in there were a dozen guppies to get the filter media cycled. I planned on buying some angels and a delhezi and then coronavirus and now I don't have any essential reason to go and buy some fish. That and my undergraduate research was cancelled.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'm trying to start up a new tank, and the only thing I have in there were a dozen guppies to get the filter media cycled. I planned on buying some angels and a delhezi and then coronavirus and now I don't have any essential reason to go and buy some fish. That and my undergraduate research was cancelled.
Welcome aboard

The Guppies will be ok to Cycle your aquarium but don't add anymore fish. It can take up to 6 weeks for the aquarium to Cycle if you didn't know this already.
How large is the aquarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store