How to dispose of very large dead fish

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Honestly imo, Amazon red tail cats shouldn't even be in the hobby do to most ppl not having a tank anywhere near large enough for em.
Unfortunately, I think if that's the criteria then most fish shouldn't be in the hobby, anything more than guppies, tetras and similar. Even people having a tank big enough for goldfish is larger than average.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Unfortunately, I think if that's the criteria then most fish shouldn't be in the hobby, anything more than guppies, tetras and similar. Even people having a tank big enough for goldfish is larger than average.
It's not always a case of certain fish that shouldn't be in the hobby, imo it's more of a case that certain hobbyists that shouldn't be in the hobby!

But, as long as fish stores stock monster fish, then there's always going to be a % that abuse it. Is the answer to completely remove those fish from the hobby, i'm afraid it probably is.

But at the same time let's not forget the huge amount of people who do care for these huge creatures, and in a proper manner. There are a lot of them on this very forum. Kudos to them for setting the right example.

As a footnote, if you look at the bigger picture we could also bring in the comparison of the water volumes that fish live in in the wild, and the volumes they live in in captivity. If we go there then we're all fecked!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Say a few meaningful words, then throw it in the woods.
Yeah, before I moved out to the country, the words were usually "Here's a good spot; stop the car for a second..."

Along with burrying I've actually done that a few times,tossed the carcass in an area where I know it would feed the creatures of the night.Give it back to nature.
As long as you know it won't make its way into a local water body...yup. In my neck of the woods, stuff like this goes onto the coyote bait pile. My wife has a full-length coat made up from the results of using this technique.

It's not always a case of certain fish that shouldn't be in the hobby, imo it's more of a case that certain hobbyists that shouldn't be in the hobby!
Can this ^ be made into a bumper sticker? Please?

• Haha
Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store