How long have you been here?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
3+ years and hopefully many more. I'm a sucker for an old school internet forum....never have caught on with the younger generations social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I prefer the anonymity of this kind of format. I grew up frequenting other fan and hobby sites like mfk, even ran a few metal forums...usually into the ground.

Anyways I started posting here when I finally bought a house and was able to set up tanks again. The first few months here I learned 10x more than I had known after decades of keeping fish on and off. Cool people, generally good discussions and information still. But I do miss some of the people who were banned, and liked the forum a bit more when the rules were a bit more lenient and you were allowed to have a decent argument from time to time. I know I'm in the minority there though, seems to be more would-be moderators amongst the ranks than instigators like me.

Anyways I'm well off the rails now. Hope to see everybody here stick with the hobby and stick with the community here. I've peeped the other fish forums and mfk is the best imo.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm a sucker for an old school internet forum....never have caught on with the younger generations social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I prefer the anonymity of this kind of format. I grew up frequenting other fan and hobby sites like mfk
I couldn’t agree more with you bud, the social media sites are just confusing and a pain to work and extremely inefficient from what I’ve found. You have to scroll through countless threads to find one particular thread while on a forum you have sub forums and you can search by the poster and even look through all of their posts and whatnot to narrow down the search and go even further by using key words. A forum is just so much more efficient.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Don’t forget all the incorrect info that goes with the questions
Are we talking about social media....or the forum. lol.

Seriously though, whether it's social media, or a quality forum such as ours, because of the vast chasms of knowledge between participating people, you're always going to get an element of drivel going on, it's the nature of the beast.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Waterwolves.com was pretty cool too... they had that 1 vendor I think his company ECZS.... he had a lot of cool things for a reasonable price.
Yep,he did....tons of cool stuff.I got my first payara from him at his place in New Jersey way back when gas was cheap and I didn't mind taking a road trip here and there.He used to be a vendor on here as well before some kind of fall out prompted his departure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store