aradhya30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2021
I have a Super Highback Gold Aro 7" brought home 7 days ago. 4ft tank with a Sobo FK- 1504 sponge power filter with bio balls. Is it enough for my aro tank filtration? He started eating chicken heart pieces of 0.5inch. Once I'll feed chicken heart and once Hikari Food Sticks. But I'm really concerned about the filtration. My tank is at a height of 10cm platform and my top is covered with wooden cover where I can't place a top filter.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I have a Super Highback Gold Aro 7" brought home 7 days ago. 4ft tank with a Sobo FK- 1504 sponge power filter with bio balls. Is it enough for my aro tank filtration? He started eating chicken heart pieces of 0.5inch. Once I'll feed chicken heart and once Hikari Food Sticks. But I'm really concerned about the filtration. My tank is at a height of 10cm platform and my top is covered with wooden cover where I can't place a top filter.
If you’re wanting some type of filter at the top of the tank then buy one that you like and mark on the wooden top the shape of the filter (use the actual filter as a guide) and cut it out so you can fit the filter ontop.

aradhya30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2021
I don't want to buy a top filter right now. I'm just asking that is there a particular type of filter which are required for aro tanks coz I have seen a Sump filter in most of the arowana youtube videos

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I don't want to buy a top filter right now. I'm just asking that is there a particular type of filter which are required for aro tanks coz I have seen a Sump filter in most of the arowana youtube videos
I’d say a sump for an aro tank but don’t think it really matters too much

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
The sponge powerfilter will do the job of cleaning the water. Get some bags of bioballs or lava rock as biological media. Also put in an airpump powered sponge filter, that people at the shop use.
BTW are you from India? Which state?

aradhya30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2021
I have a powered sponge filter with air pump plus I have put an additional airstone too. But where should I put lava rocks in the tank? Should I use ceramic rings too? From Maharashtra

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
Don't use the airline in the powerfilter as it creates very tiny bubbles that stick to the fish body and irritates them just use the powerfilter for water cleaning and water movement. The only source of bubbles let be the airstone.
Don't use ceramic rings better to use lava rock and bio balls. Ceramic rings are better in sump.
You may use nets like you get with the fruits or with handwash refill packs. You could also use refrigerator bags .
I personally take long tupperware 2 lit bottles and make some holes and put lava rock in it and place the bottle at one corner of the tank maybe behind the powerfilter.

Screenshot_2021-07-31-08-55-22-117_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-31-08-54-56-816_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-31-09-00-26-434_com.android.chrome.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store