Fluval Evo Saltwater Startup

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Usually trying to catch food. At night most of them do it too. Some like scans always seem to have them out.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
This is the second one I have had. The first one managed to jump out the feeding opening in the lid. Found the poor guy on a Monday morning. I have had this one a week now. Great fish. Obviously stays near the bottom most of the time, although I have seen him swimming mid tank several times. Great eater. Will hit the top when I put flakes in but really goes nuts for the mysis and brine shrimp. He is more active and visible than the firefish. I have also covered the opening at night.
I am not sure about a need for specific corals. I did read that they will strip the flesh from corals when mating. This one lays anywhere in the tank that he wants, middle of chalice, top of blasto and in between the clove. Doesn’t seem to hurt any of them.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Nice! Looks great. You guys that are keeping salt tanks are tempting me to get back into it.......lol.

Love the clown goby!
How is care for it? I’m finding mixed info on whether they need acros or not/ease of feeding.
I’ve been tossing around the idea of a fourth fish after my clown killed my firefish.
Ive kept them in the past and all the ones I've had were pretty easy to care for. I've had the green ones like this one, black ones, and a yellow almost orange one. I don't know specifics on the different colors if they are different species or whatever. I know the yellow/orange one got pretty big( size of a quarter) and was quite aggressive.
I really wanted to get a couple of the coral crouchers. I couldn't ever find them when I had space or a salt tank. In the last two years I've seen them in 3 or 4 different stores in the area a few times. If I set up a small tank it's getting a couple, or another angler.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Do you think a clown goby and a rather mean clownfish would stay out of each other’s ways in a 13.5? Or is there only one way to find out for me?

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
My two clowns do not pay attention to either the fire or the clown. And honestly I think they have been exhibiting mating behavior for a bit now. Lot of shimmying, rubbing and possibly cleaning spots. I would think this is when they would get aggressive.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Do you think a clown goby and a rather mean clownfish would stay out of each other’s ways in a 13.5? Or is there only one way to find out for me?
Most likely it'll be try for yourself and see. With the clowns I had in my tanks before I set up breeding racks they were only mean when another fish got to close to their eggs. They were always mean to me no matter where I was in the tank.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I committed the original sin for aquarium keepers. I was at a store this weekend and I purchased a coral without knowing what it was. Store is about an hour away and the staff didn’t seem to know much about the corals. I didn’t want to have to drive back so it came home with me. Can anyone id this without judging me? ?

A6E6826E-F32F-49C4-AA80-467DFA5C7ED5.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store