Are fish flakes a good stable diet for a baby Bichir?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
No need to add. Just watch. If not eating and losing weight then consider it.

By the way that teugelsi has a funky stripe on it. Maybe I haven't seen enough teugelsis. Reminds of kolibas.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Alrighty folks! Last night's tank shuffle went swimmingly ;)
Regarding the parasite treatment... the store owner is very reputable, and assured me they did absolutely no live feeding in the whole store, since these poly's have been in store for 2 months I'm fairly confident that they have no parasites. Still, they are CB poly's so as I mentioned earlier, I'll have the Prazi Pro in tomorrow and I can treat if it's still worth it.

Would this still be advisable you think?

Here's the current situation:
The two poly's are now in a bare bottom tank, with just my shy little syno. cat. They all seem VERY relieved to have the red terror and JD out of their hair. I've still got both these little fellas eating off of the good heart stuff I got from the store owner. Also, I found tilapia, is it alright if it says 'farm raised' tilapia on the package? I don't see why not, but just checking to be safe.
Pics:

View attachment 1233677

View attachment 1233678

View attachment 1233679
Can you get a head shot of the teug
No need to add. Just watch. If not eating and losing weight then consider it.

By the way that teugelsi has a funky stripe on it. Maybe I haven't seen enough teugelsis. Reminds of kolibas.
i was gonna say the same but im horrible at id'ing

Ryan029

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Colorado
Just wanting to clarify, you're thinking they could have had these mislabeled in the store? Or is the funky stripe a health concern you're seeing?

Can you get a head shot of the teug
Here's the closest thing I've got to a head shot at the moment it's from before I moved the gravel out of the tank, if you mean more of a 'bird's eye" view of it's head or something I'd be happy to get that tomorrow. Let me know.

2017021795194139.jpg

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Just wanting to clarify, you're thinking they could have had these mislabeled in the store? Or is the funky stripe a health concern you're seeing?

Here's the closest thing I've got to a head shot at the moment it's from before I moved the gravel out of the tank, if you mean more of a 'bird's eye" view of it's head or something I'd be happy to get that tomorrow. Let me know.

View attachment 1233858
I dont think its a mislabeled poly. Its a teug just unique. That racing strips is rare for a teug. If ist a koliba it will have more finlets. But i might be wrong, but imo its a teug.

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

View attachment 1233858
No he looks healthy and happy no worries.

The pattern is what threw us of its unique,i just asked for the head shot to see if it looked like a lower jaw. Which it doesnt. Teugs are upper jaws

Reactions: Polyaddict86

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea...unique patterned teugelsi.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com