150 Gallon Stocking

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Alright, so as some of you know I am getting a second 55 gallon tank... Now there might be a chance for me to just use my current 55 instead of buying a second one and where the old 55 is standing I might be getting a 150 gallon tank. :D

I am going to just plan this tank out. I will not be getting it till at least summer time or maybe even fall time if I get it.

I was wondering if you guys could give me a list of things I would need and the price of it...
I currently have a small silver Arowana and BGK that I would move into the tank.

Yes, I understand the Arowana will eventually get to big for the 150 but it will be an upgrade to the 55 he is in right now... (I was told on other website I could keep him in the 55 for life cause he would only get to a ft max) Now I did research and I know that I should not have bought him... But I am so attached to him now...

So I need a list of fish and equipment for the tank... I am 90% sure the Arowana is staying... BGK is a maybe so if you could figure out a complete list of equipment and fish that would be great... Basically I want to be able to walk into my lfs and give them the list and walk out.. ( I will still do research but you get the point )

Stingray would be amazing.

No Bichirs even though they look awesome.

Catfish would be awesome though I am pretty sure it can't live with the stingray a small they both need the bottom.

Ps I would love if I could breed the stingrays as I know they are not cheap
:p

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
So I could keep the Arowana for life!?!
Jackpot :D

Well then the Awrowana is the CENTER FISH!!!!

So can I have you all make me lists of stockings and equipment? I would love that

Reactions: The camaro show

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Wow, sometimes when I read such piss poor advice on MFK I have flashbacks to 2005/2006.

I would advise researching more, and not getting immediately attached to the advice of a single fool.

This is not a tank for an Aro, or a stingray.

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
So then I can't keep the aro or any kind of stingray?

Man that pisses me off both not being able and him getting my hopes up :/

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Well according to a sticky in the stingray section I can keep some teacups in a 150

Is that true or is that info outdated?

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Alright. I have decided against stingrays... And will PROBABLY sell the aro...

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I would say slow it down and do some research before you just leap into it. Silver Arowanas get to be 3 to 4’ Long just throwing that out there.

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
I know,
I already own the aro and don't really want to get rid of it

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
My advice would be that it is going to be 100 times easier to get rid of the small aro than a very big aro. And the 150 will not be big enough. I think you'll probably regret it if you don't re-home it now.
The 150 would be large enough for some species of stingray I believe, but you would have to plan the rest of the stock around the ray. I am no ray expert, but there is lots of great advice in the ray subforum, I'd read through that thread I linked and the rest of that subforum.
We have seen a few of these thread on MFK lately, where the OP has no idea what they want to stock and million people throw out ideas. I would take your time and think about what one fish you really want to keep. Whether it be a ray, or another fish. Then do lots of research. Until you are very knowledgeable. And plan the rest of the stock around that.
Best of luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store