Heres my tank where I'm hoping to breed C. Myersi

Stocking
1x ornate bichir 4"
1x fire eel 6"

5x red head tapajos 1.5"
4x C. Myersi 2"
5x giant danios 1.5"
2x Denison barbs(trying to sell) 3"

I'm planning to use this thread to document the juvenile Myersi and see if my predictions on their sex are correct. Note, they are a bit difficult to differentiate and for the most part Im going by unique markings or the different blue pattern on there gill plate( which doesn't show well if the lighting isn't right). This is the alpha of the 4 so far. Named "red dot" for the small red dot on the side. Red Dot Im guessing is male. He is bigger than the rest but also has a bit of a leaner and longer face. Red dot also often has the palest coloration and tends to hang out in the back at one spot compared to the rest and breaks up fights with the others.
jqF8WRbGSf2wrt674VssIw_thumb_8.jpg

This is Betty boop. I am assuming this is a female and is the alpha female. She is often seen with red dot and and dawns a very red top and stripe. The assumed sub male tries to flash her frequently but Red dot frequently interferes
Y0Y8YlskSr2oKaJkyBaelg_thumb_28.jpggJBB2yS+RQ6esurDp2Ylbw_thumb_2d.jpg

I don't have good pictures of the assumed sub male and sub female but I'll post a video later detailing the interactions. Im curious to see how my assumptions turn out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store