2 Patio Pond Building and Growout Thread

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Flag fish are very skidding. They ate some flakes. They are territorial, though. Is that normal?

C. Breeze

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Coastal Empire
More plants! More plants!!! Floating and marginal plants to combat algae.
They can use more sunlight and thusly more nitrogen and phosphorus than plants conducting photosynthesis in the water column due to better access to CO2 and the plants on the surface help shade the rest of it. In addition to these benefits they’ll help get your fish less skittish

keep it up- don’t start throwing chemicals or barley straw at it- get it balanced out, way worth the challenge and effort. Have fun!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
More plants! More plants!!! Floating and marginal plants to combat algae.
They can use more sunlight and thusly more nitrogen and phosphorus than plants conducting photosynthesis in the water column due to better access to CO2 and the plants on the surface help shade the rest of it. In addition to these benefits they’ll help get your fish less skittish

keep it up- don’t start throwing chemicals or barley straw at it- get it balanced out, way worth the challenge and effort. Have fun!
More plants, got it!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I gave the patio pond a full diamond treatment. Algae is all gone. It looks GREAT!!! The flagfish are doing great. The Barbs are fearless. When I feed them, I can practically touch them!

Reactions: Deadeye

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Looks like water lettuce (Pistia stratiotes)

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store