24k crossback mating dance has started again!

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Awesome, awesome !!

Congratulations DanHOB DanHOB ...and all the best... Cant wait to see babies!!

Reactions: DanHOB

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
DanHOB DanHOB how are the babies doing brotha

DanHOB

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2017
Essex
www.facebook.com
DanHOB DanHOB how are the babies doing brotha
Slowly but surely, one after the other they started turning white, and although not much info available on arowana eggs, but generally with fish eggs when that happens they are not fertilised.

I was left with 10 by yesterday, but by this morning all had turned.

Think this is going to be a very long process, each time I’m learning more of what to do and what not to do.

Hopefully will have a UK batch of fry at some point in the future.

Thanks everyone!

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Im sorry to hear DanHOB DanHOB ..

Keeping fingers crossed for next time...

DanHOB

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2017
Essex
www.facebook.com
WE HAVE EGGS AGAIN!
Hi everyone, must have happened late yesterday or early today but my male has a lovely mouthful of eggs. We are leaving him alone this time and let nature take its course, first mating he swallows them on day 6, hoping 3rd time lucky!

Reactions: Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Yeah, I'd advise you to leave the eggs with the dad. Thats what a good friend of me does and he already had multiple Crossback batches and grew them all out. He lets the parents do their job and only takes the small ones out into their own tank when they are fully developed and ready to feed.

He's from Switzerland, and as far as I know, so far the only person that has successfully had multiple batches from his Crossback pair (father is a 24k, mother a Bluebase).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good to know that there are successful spawnings out there besides on the breeding farms.

DanHOB

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2017
Essex
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I'd advise you to leave the eggs with the dad. Thats what a good friend of me does and he already had multiple Crossback batches and grew them all out. He lets the parents do their job and only takes the small ones out into their own tank when they are fully developed and ready to feed.

He's from Switzerland, and as far as I know, so far the only person that has successfully had multiple batches from his Crossback pair (father is a 24k, mother a Bluebase).
Thanks for the info, not heard of anyone successfully doing this outside of Asia until your reply, gives me hope that we can do it. Both mine are full golden cross backs, real beauties. I’ll keep this post updated.

Reactions: Leo Messi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store