Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
I am thinking about someday getting a 300 gallon aquarium. I am thinking about getting a Nigerian triggerfish, Picasso triggerfish, blue line grouper, a smaller species of lion fish, and a snowflake eel. Somebody tell me if this is to much fish. I’m not really a saltwater tank person but this would just be a dream tank for me someday.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am thinking about someday getting a 300 gallon aquarium. I am thinking about getting a Nigerian triggerfish, Picasso triggerfish, blue line grouper, a smaller species of lion fish, and a snowflake eel. Somebody tell me if this is to much fish. I’m not really a saltwater tank person but this would just be a dream tank for me someday.
Picasso Triggerfish are mischievous so don't know how long that would work. I suggest giving the Snow Flake Moray a place to take refuge to such as dead coral.

Reactions: kno4te

Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
Picasso Triggerfish are mischievous so don't know how long that would work. I suggest giving the Snow Flake Moray a place to take refuge to such as dead coral.
So if I didn’t get the Picasso trigger could I have more fish or not.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’d stick with the first guys and add if it looks like you can. Maybe an angel or tang.

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Thanks. So I should just stick to The first fish I said.
Probably. I would only suggest that a lot of those fish tend to be hard to keep alive for beginners to saltwater. If you are interested in marine it’s great to try a nano with a clown pair just to learn the basics of marine tanks.
Your tank sounds like my saltwater dream tank though! Just add a shark lol!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks. So I should just stick to The first fish I said.
Yes stick with that list but keep I on Picasso for aggressive behavior. Also note the Triggerfish, Grouper, and Snowflake Moray will have to be large enough so that the Lionfish can't swallow them.

Reactions: Deadeye

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Probably. I would only suggest that a lot of those fish tend to be hard to keep alive for beginners to saltwater. If you are interested in marine it’s great to try a nano with a clown pair just to learn the basics of marine tanks.
Your tank sounds like my saltwater dream tank though! Just add a shark lol!
If you decide to do a Catshark please don't add Triggerfish they will go for the shark eyes.
This personally happened to a Bamboo Shark I kept temporarily with a Picasso Triggerfish.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store