330 gallon setup and sump build

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Question for all of the experts. What is the best way of supporting the weight of the plumbing? I had two plastic hook brackets but just seemed flimsy and wondering if I should just go to the metal straps. Any other suggestions? To hang on the back and underneath the tank

JK47 JK47 ragin_cajun ragin_cajun J jaws7777 @M@T!&$

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
So a little different so far from everyone else's setup since I can't hang the bags on the side and only on the back wall I've had to add the additional elbows in there. They are the ones that can slip into a fitting (can't remember the term). But the one is very loose while the other is a little snug. Thinking I should exhange the one for something more snug or will the glue take care of the problem?IMG_3073.JPG

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Question for all of the experts. What is the best way of supporting the weight of the plumbing? I had two plastic hook brackets but just seemed flimsy and wondering if I should just go to the metal straps. Any other suggestions? To hang on the back and underneath the tank

JK47 JK47 ragin_cajun ragin_cajun J jaws7777 M@T!@$ M@T!@$
I use the nylon straps from Home Depot secured with screws. Hold on and I'll go snag you a pic

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yea they will all be juvies going in. I think the stabilitys says 10 days or something along those lines. Tetra was a little longer
Tetra is basically i one and done though. So basically you fish are your ammonia source. Id go with safetstart only because when ever i used it it works quickly amd never qwnt through yhe nitrite spikes...actually it nwvwr evwn regestered it.

JK47 JK47 ragin_cajun ragin_cajun J jaws7777 @M@T!&$
Nothing. I actually should support it ar the tee that joins the gate valve but keep forgetting. The gate and rest of the plumbing to the socks rests on the sump

So a little different so far from everyone else's setup since I can't hang the bags on the side and only on the back wall I've had to add the additional elbows in there. They are the ones that can slip into a fitting (can't remember the term). But the one is very loose while the other is a little snug. Thinking I should exhange the one for something more snug or will the glue take care of the problem?View attachment 1260250
Are you talking about the tee that goes i tk the socks ? If so no need to worry. If the pipe falls in the water is just gonna fall into the sock. I didnt glue mine l, it easier to remove them when swapping out socks

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Tetra is basically i one and done though. So basically you fish are your ammonia source. Id go with safetstart only because when ever i used it it works quickly amd never qwnt through yhe nitrite spikes...actually it nwvwr evwn regestered it.

Nothing. I actually should support it ar the tee that joins the gate valve but keep forgetting. The gate and rest of the plumbing to the socks rests on the sump

Are you talking about the tee that goes i tk the socks ? If so no need to worry. If the pipe falls in the water is just gonna fall into the sock. I didnt glue mine l, it easier to remove them when swapping out socks
maybe I'll have to try out that tetra stuff. Also you didn't glue the tee fitting before the socks? At least yours is probably snug. Mine I could lift it right out of place for so reason. It's almost like the diameter of the pipe is just a hair smaller then what it should be

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
View attachment 1260257
Awesome man thanks! That's what I was thinking for underneath of the tank. On the back I was planning on having these for supporting the union ball valves and tee fitting but was worried that only one nail will be holding everything up
Those are great and way better for walls but I like the straps for underneath.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
IMG_3077.JPG
Those are great and way better for walls but I like the straps for underneath.
Yea I will be using those straps underneath to support pipes running under the tank. Since I have external overflows on the back I thought of using those hooks since I would keep the one run of pipe behind the stand. I just worry that it will be to much weight only being held Jon by one small screw since I won't be able to use the second one since it's only the stand to secure it too. Probably best using the straps back there too with a screw

Reactions: JK47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store