Pfiferg

Feeder Fish
Nov 3, 2018
Howdy y'all,

My name is George, I'm new to the site, but not fish keeping. I had a 75 gallon tank with a pair of adult green terrors in college and a 220 with a few Oscars and a JD. It's been about seven years, but my sister just gave me her boyfriends 75 gallon tank so I'm going to clean it out and set up a tank again.... *Sigh* we shall see how long I can stick with one tank.

Anyway, I've been looking at salvini, but it seems finding a tank mate can be problematic, and I don't really want a species specific tank. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something that can handle a salvini? I was also considering Hypsophrys nicaraguensis instead of the salvini. I haven't set anything up yet, I'm taking it slow and planning it out.

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I would say go for milder CA if you want a community, chose stuff like rainbow cichlids, sajica cichlids and Honduran red points. You could have a two pairs of the tank has lots of sight breaks, maybe a trio and a pair

Reactions: Pfiferg

Pfiferg

Feeder Fish
Nov 3, 2018
I would say go for milder CA if you want a community, chose stuff like rainbow cichlids, sajica cichlids and Honduran red points. You could have a two pairs of the tank has lots of sight breaks, maybe a trio and a pair
I don't really want to have a breeding pair of anything, I don't want to have to deal with fry.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Senegal bichir? Odd ball fish are cool :arapaimag

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Howdy y'all,

My name is George, I'm new to the site, but not fish keeping. I had a 75 gallon tank with a pair of adult green terrors in college and a 220 with a few Oscars and a JD. It's been about seven years, but my sister just gave me her boyfriends 75 gallon tank so I'm going to clean it out and set up a tank again.... *Sigh* we shall see how long I can stick with one tank.

Anyway, I've been looking at salvini, but it seems finding a tank mate can be problematic, and I don't really want a species specific tank. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something that can handle a salvini? I was also considering Hypsophrys nicaraguensis instead of the salvini. I haven't set anything up yet, I'm taking it slow and planning it out.

Welcome aboard George!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Howdy y'all,

duanes duanes
Gourami Swami Gourami Swami
Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Are you after a community of cichlids, if so south american spp would work better as generally there not as aggressive, or are you after a center piece fish with dithers and bottom dwellers, h nicaraguensis, o heterospilus, Amatitlania spp, with a shoal of livebeares would work well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store