75g!!!!!

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Why not the flower horn and 2 lower jaw bichirs like delhezi or senegalus? Idt flower horn would bother the bichirs (bottom dwellers), but if a black belt I think there would be aggression. Your flower horn isn’t that large now hence not showing much aggression, but once it grows bigger I think it would become more territorial. When my arowana was small at around 4-6 inch, it was peaceful and calm, but once it grew larger it attacked my peacock bass and gar. I think the same thing would happen with ur fish as well.
I’ve never kept bichirs before. What are they like

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
My arowana has always been peaceful up to 13 inches has only ever ate one fish and it was a dead clown loach. And bullseye the rtc hybrid yesterday swam up to the top to eat pellets when he could have easily ate the sun cat that’s 1/3 his size but didn’t
Was talking about the aggression between ur flower horn and blackbelt in the future haha. Quite sure there would be aggression between those two in the future hence I suggested the bichirs.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I’ve never kept bichirs before. What are they like
I’ve only ever kept upper jaw bichirs (delhezi and ornate), and they are amazing. Great addition to my tank, never bothering other tank mates. Don’t really know how to describe them, but I think others can chime in.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Was talking about the aggression between ur flower horn and blackbelt in the future haha. Quite sure there would be aggression between those two in the future hence I suggested the bichirs.
I’ve only ever kept upper jaw bichirs (delhezi and ornate), and they are amazing. Great addition to my tank, never bothering other tank mates. Don’t really know how to describe them, but I think others can chime in.
How big do they get for a 75 for life. Any personality traits also I thought you meant general aggression lol but yea probably would have a couple bumps in the road with FH and black belt

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Ah, never mind...not worth the effort to explain...waste of time.

Reactions: C. Breeze

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
Nooooo ur being toxiccc stoppppp i'm sad!
Ask for advice...and then proclaim that you intend to do exactly what everyone tells you not to do. Less than 24 hours ago you said:

...but here we go again. Well, there's good news. You will prove yourself correct. Put both fish in; eventually, one or both will be dead. You will then have proven that, by definition, both can be kept together "for life". Nice work; what a shame that nobody warned you ahead of time.

Ya know what they call folks who constantly ask for advice, and then do the exact opposite thing? Askholes.
No this was not directed at the Op lol

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Ask for advice...and then proclaim that you intend to do exactly what everyone tells you not to do. Less than 24 hours ago you said:

...but here we go again. Well, there's good news. You will prove yourself correct. Put both fish in; eventually, one or both will be dead. You will then have proven that, by definition, both can be kept together "for life". Nice work; what a shame that nobody warned you ahead of time.

Ya know what they call folks who constantly ask for advice, and then do the exact opposite thing? Askholes.
Then I’ll stick with FH and maybe and build stock around him. Or I can stick with original plan and try to get a jag cat with the FH. I just have an overactive mind. It’s not a bad thing in some situations it is but it also gives me a lot of creativity but also I don’t have a filter and always say what comes to mind. It’s a blessing and a curse lol. But my thoughts get out of control and I get way to excited and act out of impulse. Been working on it though. Just happy I found this forum and got all of you to help guide me in the right direction

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Reactions: Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
True. Still amazing fish however, and better than a blackbelt as there wouldn’t be aggression.

Chillax he’s still learning ?‍?
I’m new to this all. You were here once too. We learn from mistakes and build up knowledge to then give to the next generation of fish keepers. No matter who you are you gotta start at the bottom and build up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store