And I thought Dovii and Flowerhorns were unstoppable!?!

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Sad videos, but really shows what can happen if a Piranha and cichlid ever fought for territories! Frightening, I worry the Flowerhorn is blind, did it's eye get bit?? Poor dovii too.
How often do you think this happens in the wild? I always thought dovii's and Amphilophus are top dogs of the fish world.

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I can only imagine if the Dovii lip locked, there would be no jaw whatsoever

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
I’ve heard of instances where doviis have bullied Rhoms to death so it goes both ways. Nothing can really match a full grown male dovii in terms of strength and aggression. Flowerhorn are overrated in terms of aggression imo, but it just comes down to the individual fish

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Sad videos, but really shows what can happen if a Piranha and cichlid ever fought for territories! Frightening, I worry the Flowerhorn is blind, did it's eye get bit?? Poor dovii too.
How often do you think this happens in the wild? I always thought dovii's and Amphilophus are top dogs of the fish world.

I don’t get the point of filming your fish kill each other. Sure territorial disputes are fine but watching them tear each other apart when u obviously see that neither are gonna back down is just cruel.

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I’ve heard of instances where doviis have bullied Rhoms to death so it goes both ways. Nothing can really match a full grown male dovii in terms of strength and aggression. Flowerhorn are overrated in terms of aggression imo, but it just comes down to the individual fish
true, you also hear dovii's getting bullied by green terrors! LOL. I dunno why people think Piranhas are pussy cats, sure the schooling ones like RBPs can be chickens when they're solo.. but a solo sub-adult or adult Black Piranha would annihilate anything IMO. they are very aggressive and territorial. Notice how the Rhom actually fought the flowerhorn like a cichlid in a way. wish the video was more clear, I wonder what kid of damage the flowerhorn took on the face and eye

I think if we were to grab a dominate Rhom and a dominate Dovii at the same size, heck dovii can be bigger. Betting my money dovii gets battered like the Flowerhorn did here

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I don’t get the point of filming your fish kill each other. Sure territorial disputes are fine but watching them tear each other apart when u obviously see that neither are gonna back down is just cruel.
That flowerhorn backed down when he realized his eye is blind, half his fins are missing, and probably lost his upper lip. Look at the side of his body too, lost a bit of meat and scales. Sick owner, even the most evil cichlid don't deserve to get punished like this. It's like putting an aggressive pit bull with a Lion

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Poor Rhom, in the dovii video it looks like someone threw the Rhom in the dovii's territory. Even then, Dovii got lucky it was only his tail!

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I disagree, flowerhorns are like midevils. I have seen and had some that put a beating on dovii's and grammodes.

For example, look how much that flowerhorn took as a beating before it realized enough is enough? I'd bet my house majority of the parachromis genus would of quit a lot earlier even the butti heck.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
I disagree, flowerhorns are like midevils. I have seen and had some that put a beating on dovii's and grammodes.

For example, look how much that flowerhorn took as a beating before it realized enough is enough? I'd bet my house majority of the parachromis genus would of quit a lot earlier even the butti heck.
Parachromis are known for their aggression, cunning, teeth, speed and strength. They’re the ultimate package in a cichlid. Especially dovii and RTM, the average jag isn’t as bad as the average RTM or Dovii. Even if they lose the first encounter they’d just lay low and wait for another chance to attack. From my experience Buttikoferi don’t know when to back down. Flowerhorns have heart. They’re too slow and clumsy to even have a chance against other cichlids of similar size tho.
I’m not tryna debate on what cichlid is the meanest or what cichlid is bad enough to take on a rhom and win. It can go either way, but that should’ve never happened. The owner is just cruel.

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Parachromis are known for their aggression, cunning, teeth, speed and strength. They’re the ultimate package in a cichlid. Especially dovii and RTM, the average jag isn’t as bad as the average RTM or Dovii. Even if they lose the first encounter they’d just lay low and wait for another chance to attack. From my experience Buttikoferi don’t know when to back down. Flowerhorns have heart. They’re too slow and clumsy to even have a chance against other cichlids of similar size tho.
I’m not tryna debate on what cichlid is the meanest or what cichlid is bad enough to take on a rhom and win. It can go either way, but that should’ve never happened. The owner is just cruel.
Sure Parachromis are probably the best equipped for cichlids, but it'll boil down to how much heart they got! Do doubt. The dovii can get the job done vs any other cichlid, but you'll have a "clumsy" flowerhorn who can just tire the Dovii relentlessly. I've seen Jack Dempsey's run tanks full of big predatory cichlids just from the sheer toughness.

Yeah, Parachromis will keep trying to comeback if they lose, definitely experienced that. But that won't do it in this instance, if you can't take out the Rhom now, you'll end up in his belly later

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store