And so the new journey begins...

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
Thanks for all the pics and progress updates. You have really inspired me to try a planted tank!!! Really like how you scaped it, and love the background

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Thanks for that comment...

I have to say it is a lot of fun creating an aquascape then watching it grow... Even my g/f was commenting how it makes having dinner at the dinning table a lot more enjoyable, which i have to agree...

In other words, if you have a spare tank i highly recommend it...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
^ thanks for the comments...

First off, regarding the plants, not sure what they are called in English since i've been going with Chinese names so theres less confusion at the lfs... But will get pics of them for you all to check out...

As for adding more plants, i may still add a few more, but trying to keep mainly lower growing plants and a more simple look, only because its less maintenance in the long run...

I have considered adding a single dwarf puffer, but considering they can get very nippy its normally not considered a good idea to put them in a peaceful community tank...

You should include the puffer. It will add a lot to the tank.

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
Might have missed this, but why is there tape on the tank? Looks really nice.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
This is turning out awesome, some real nice touches on this tank!
Thanks... I was a little worried how it might turn out when i was first pucking out plants...

Cool, nice job!

You should include the puffer. It will add a lot to the tank.
Thanks, but honestly im still trying to decide on if it a good idea or not as i really dont want it terrorizing tank take mates... Especially since i have my 200G with a fahaka inside...

Might have missed this, but why is there tape on the tank? Looks really nice.
Hee hee, i was wondering when som one would ask that question...

I bascially taped up the tank based on the golden ratio to make setting up the tank easier for me by taking out the guess work :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Oh and incase any one is curious about the Killi fish i forgot the name of that i want to add, its called a Clown Killifish...

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Just looked into it... That's a cool looking fish.... By the looks of it seemed a top dwelling fish... Just assuming :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Yeah it is a top dwelling fish, or at least 99% of the time it is... since my aim with this tank is to try and fill out all the different areas of the tank with fish and inverts...

So basically my idea would be something like this:

Top Level swimmers: Clown Killifish and another type of really small fish that looks like a needle nose pike or something...

Then middle i have yet to really look into / decide: Maybe some type of Carinal tetra or something for color? any one have any suggestions i'm more than open to listen...

Bottom Level Swimmers / Dwellers: Celestial Pearl Danios, and maybe some scarlet badis although not 100% sure about the latter...

Inverts: Crystal Red Shrimp definitely, might throw in some Thai Micro crabs if i can get hold of some, maybe some Ammano Shrimp, and then possibly a few Horned Nerite snails for safe measures...

Although if any one has any stocking suggestions, please feel free to let me know... since the only 3 guarantees that i want in there are Crystal Red Shrimp / Clown Killifish and Celestial Pearl Danios...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store