Annoying Family/Friends

Tsubakai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2008
Australia
Tunez;1651314; said:
just realised i forgot 1, my friend who has a 55gallon tank with 1 oscar, 3 red devils, 2 severums, 2 blood parrots and pleco, tries to tell me i know nothing about my fishes and that online lies to u and that he knows everything he is talking about. I'll break down his tank for u and almost every day i beg him to just give me or a pet store his fish till he does it right and i get the response "guy i kno what im talking about, online lies to u my tank is fine" His tank is most disgusting tank ever lol, the water was so bad it was a dark green to the point all u saw was a black blob when the oscar was swimming and the tank was overrun with brown algea, all because he didn't cycle his tank because he thinks u cycle ur tank by putting 2 dozen goldfish in ur tank for 2 days and then its fine. He does a 5 gallon water change once a month or month and a half. I personally tested his water and his ph was 8.4, nitrates were high and his ammonia was at 4.0 and again insisted his tank is fine and he knows what he is doing. Then i finally talked him into redoing his tank and let his fish stay in my extra tank so he could do it right. So he recleans the entire tank fills it back up, puts in new filter bag and adds 5 goldfish, waited a day and put his fish back in. And worst of all is how he feeds his fish, well we call him Lil Wayne of fish feeding because he literally makes in rain on his fish, in other words he fills up half of a cap of pellets and half a cap of flakes and pours that in his tank twice a day to the point when u touch his gravel u stir up fish flakes broken down to what looks like a red dots floating in the water, but he says thats fine because the fish eat the flakes off the ground when there hungry. Also he once left a dead crayfish in his tank for 3 weeks cus he said his fish will eat it when there hungry. Next time i'm at his house i'll take pictures for u, if u guys don't believe me.
Sounds feral.

Most people dont touch my tanks, possibly cause they are in the rooms with lost of edged weapons on display. It amazing the response you can get with a meanningful glare.

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
Tunez;1651314; said:
just realised i forgot 1, my friend who has a 55gallon tank with 1 oscar, 3 red devils, 2 severums, 2 blood parrots and pleco, tries to tell me i know nothing about my fishes and that online lies to u and that he knows everything he is talking about. I'll break down his tank for u and almost every day i beg him to just give me or a pet store his fish till he does it right and i get the response "guy i kno what im talking about, online lies to u my tank is fine" His tank is most disgusting tank ever lol, the water was so bad it was a dark green to the point all u saw was a black blob when the oscar was swimming and the tank was overrun with brown algea, all because he didn't cycle his tank because he thinks u cycle ur tank by putting 2 dozen goldfish in ur tank for 2 days and then its fine. He does a 5 gallon water change once a month or month and a half. I personally tested his water and his ph was 8.4, nitrates were high and his ammonia was at 4.0 and again insisted his tank is fine and he knows what he is doing. Then i finally talked him into redoing his tank and let his fish stay in my extra tank so he could do it right. So he recleans the entire tank fills it back up, puts in new filter bag and adds 5 goldfish, waited a day and put his fish back in. And worst of all is how he feeds his fish, well we call him Lil Wayne of fish feeding because he literally makes in rain on his fish, in other words he fills up half of a cap of pellets and half a cap of flakes and pours that in his tank twice a day to the point when u touch his gravel u stir up fish flakes broken down to what looks like a red dots floating in the water, but he says thats fine because the fish eat the flakes off the ground when there hungry. Also he once left a dead crayfish in his tank for 3 weeks cus he said his fish will eat it when there hungry. Next time i'm at his house i'll take pictures for u, if u guys don't believe me.
Sounds like a guy I used to, except he has a 16g and a 10g tank lol. He is too proud to ever join a forum, bc if anyone tells him different about how he keeps his koi and 6inch goldfish in a 16g, he flips out.

Tsubakai;1651377; said:
Sounds feral.

Most people dont touch my tanks, possibly cause they are in the rooms with lost of edged weapons on display. It amazing the response you can get with a meanningful glare.
LOL! thats awesome. :ROFL:

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
if my sisters annoys me i threaten here with a dunk in the tank its hailarius. My little cousin would litteraly punch the tank with his palm eventually he got a quick dip :ROFL:

moto110

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Lomita
WOW! Some of you guys got it really bad. Most of my friends and family big game fish for marlin, tuna, etc. so they respect my fish. One of my uncles is always finding tanks and trying to give them to me. Right now I think Im getting a 125 gal. from him. They all respect my fish. Every holiday I got to show the whole family my tanks and explain what is going on in them.:thumbsdow That gets pretty bad. They buy me fish though, so it bounces out.:naughty:

groovitudedude

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
San Diego
Jeox;1544338; said:
People always put theiir hands in my tanks.
Im waiting for someone to put their hands in with the fahaka, 30'' moray, or dovii x flowerhorn. :headbang2
That fahaka will show them a thing or three!

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
i don't ahve anybody that bothers my stuff ( I WILL FREAK) lol but I was to the newport aquarium a month or so ago and i saw this lil girl about 7 at the most just hitting the hell out of the electic eel tank I mean so har that she acctually got a reaction out of this other fish that was in there and this stuff is like 2" acrylic and there parents were just right there not saying anything. I looked at my g/f and said when we have kids if they do that they will be getting a swift kick in the butt

stevea6221

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2005
dorset,england
im having a constant battle of wills with my 2 year old son over my tanks, so far he has managed to get in to my office and throw my mobile phone, house phone, cds pens etc in my nano reef killing half the corals :(,also just had to swap my tanks around as he was constantly pulling the skimmer return pipes out of the water and flooding the top of the bigger reef tank and throwing anything he could through the gap where the skimmers were :irked: gf says he is just curious well he wont be so bloody curious when i put a pirahna or oscar in there now its freshwater again did toy with getting a moray eel :naughty: before swapping them over, hopefully if he does it now one of the cichlids will nip him and scare the living s**t out of him :grinno:, now he cant reach the bigger reef well at least until he grows a bit ;)

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
i made the mistake of showing my 2 year old how to feed the fish and had him help me, next day i caught him up there with his happy mean geting ready to drop a french fry and dbl cheese burger lol, big mistake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store