Any Bonsai tree Keepers?

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Wow....lets see some of those desert rose.
I was going to post one of my blooms but it won't attach for some reason. Most of my others are seedlings. Are you into desert roses? If so I'll have to send you a few, I probably have around 60 seedlings of different varieties.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was going to post one of my blooms but it won't attach for some reason. Most of my others are seedlings. Are you into desert roses? If so I'll have to send you a few, I probably have around 60 seedlings of different varieties.
Yes,I have a small one that I bought last year and it hasn't grown very much at this point.I have a photo a few pages back.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Yes,I have a small one that I bought last year and it hasn't grown very much at this point.I have a photo a few pages back.
Oh ok, once you get the hang of growing them in your growth zone they're pretty easy to grow. Imo most issues are from soil and watering. Have you fertilized it over the summer? and given it full sun? They're still on the small side now but come spring time I'm going to hook you up with a few, I have more than enough to share.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I'm growing out some dioscorea elephantipes from seed also, they're pretty cool looking but slow growing and also a bunch of different pachypodium.
dio-ele.jpg

Reactions: FMA4ME and JK47

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh ok, once you get the hang of growing them in your growth zone they're pretty easy to grow. Imo most issues are from soil and watering. Have you fertilized it over the summer? and given it full sun? They're still on the small side now but come spring time I'm going to hook you up with a few, I have more than enough to share.
I keep it in full sun,the soil it is in is nothing special,I fertilize it monthly.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and thanks for posting that dioscorea.I've wanted one of those but I forgot what it was called.A few years ago a long gone member was into them and posted photos.

Reactions: isde02

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I haven't been doing much with my tree's the past few weeks other than just watering, just been busy with rods and fishing and aquariums and all that good stuff. Was out today in the garden watering and finally spending some time, noticed my Juniper which I wired hard and pruned hard a about 6 weeks ago has lots of nice new light green growth at the ends of its tips. No new back buds yet (I was hoping for) but this late in the year, its good to see new growth anywhere. I'll tryin snap a pic this weekend.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Few pics of a few of the trees I worked on over the summer. I really hate this damn heat that we are having this late in the year, been 90 for the past week here. On the up side though it is really helping the trees do well this year. Lots of new growth for being so late in the year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store