Datnoid Island
Reactions: isde02

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Pretty bloom on the desert rose there. I'll probably be starting to bring my tropicals inside pretty soon as well. Most likely in the next 10-14 days. Normally they would already be inside by this time of year, but this weather this year is just crazy. Supposed to be 75 here again tomorrow. We have been dipping down into the mid-upper 40's at night for the past few nights but I usually wait till the day time highs dont get out of the mid 50's to bring them in.

Check out my bougainvilleas, they are still as green as can be and flowering like it was July or something. Normally by this time of year this one is inside and already dropped it's leaves to re-adjust to the change of bringing it inside.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Pretty bloom on the desert rose there. I'll probably be starting to bring my tropicals inside pretty soon as well. Most likely in the next 10-14 days. Normally they would already be inside by this time of year, but this weather this year is just crazy. Supposed to be 75 here again tomorrow. We have been dipping down into the mid-upper 40's at night for the past few nights but I usually wait till the day time highs dont get out of the mid 50's to bring them in.

Check out my bougainvilleas, they are still as green as can be and flowering like it was July or something. Normally by this time of year this one is inside and already dropped it's leaves to re-adjust to the change of bringing it inside.

Thanks, my bougainvilleas is still flowering also but I had to bring it in because of strong winds. It's been pretty warm here as well but I brought everything thing in except for a couple of yuccas that could probably survive just about anything.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks, my bougainvilleas is still flowering also but I had to bring it in because of strong winds. It's been pretty warm here as well but I brought everything thing in except for a couple of yuccas that could probably survive just about anything.
I have quite a few yuccas in my back yard that I have had for several years.One of them is almost as tall as I am.

Reactions: isde02

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
isde02 isde02 Have you ever tried a fert for your bougies called "Bogain"? I started using that on mine about 2 years ago at the suggestion of a fellow club member and I found it to be probably the best fert for bougies I have ever tried. If you haven't tried it yet pick some up this winter to try on yours in the spring. It's a bit pricey for a bag but it is some really good stuff.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
isde02 isde02 Have you ever tried a fert for your bougies called "Bogain"? I started using that on mine about 2 years ago at the suggestion of a fellow club member and I found it to be probably the best fert for bougies I have ever tried. If you haven't tried it yet pick some up this winter to try on yours in the spring. It's a bit pricey for a bag but it is some really good stuff.
Thanks, I've been using this stuff: https://www.nelsonplantfood.com/productsbuy/nutristar-bougainvillea-flowering-vines

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I have quite a few yuccas in my back yard that I have had for several years.One of them is almost as tall as I am.
I have a couple of yuccas myself, none quite that tall though. They're some tough plants. I usually leave mine outside until mid November but after seeing a picture of one covered in snow I've been thinking about just leaving them out. Do you leave yours out in the yard?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have a couple of yuccas myself, none quite that tall though. They're some tough plants. I usually leave mine outside until mid November but after seeing a picture of one covered in snow I've been thinking about just leaving them out. Do you leave yours out in the yard?
Oh yeah,there are quite a few different species of yucca and I imagine some are more cold hardy than others.The types that I have are quite large and have been planted in the ground for years.They stand up to the winter and snow very well and every summer they grow very tall stalks with flowers on them which I cut off after the flowers die.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Here are a few of my yuccas including some of the tall growing species.
20171026_103005.jpga few more of the tall species that I planted out along the back edge of the yard.
20171026_103105.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bad news.... had a sudden dip in the temperature recently and I wasnt home to bring in some of my more vulnerable plants and they did not take the overnight frost well at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store