Any Bonsai tree Keepers?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Finally dropped here. Has been mid 80s' all week up till last night. Now its about 45f at the moment and I think going down to mid 30's tonight. I think from here on out our highs won't get out of the 50's now till spring.
That sucks, have you ever seen a snow flower? You can also use the cooling period to germinate acorns

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 I guess no running through your yard in the dark.

Lovely xeriscape!
Lol, these aren't mine, the apartment isn't big on me planting things, so I took some pics out near my great grandmothers place, I thought these would be great for a desert scape or rock garden, and could give people ideas, many people don't know how diverse cacti and other similar plants are

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I like it too but I thought that defoliating caused the leaves to grow back much smaller?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
It does, but it takes a few times to reach the smallest size. I believe it is 4 times if I'm not mistaken. The first time you do it they reduce by about 20%, then the next couple times they reduce again. Then about the fourth time they come back full size and you start all over. I'll reduce the 2nd time probably next spring and they should come back about 20% smaller again then they are now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It does, but it takes a few times to reach the smallest size. I believe it is 4 times if I'm not mistaken. The first time you do it they reduce by about 20%, then the next couple times they reduce again. Then about the fourth time they come back full size and you start all over. I'll reduce the 2nd time probably next spring and they should come back about 20% smaller again then they are now.
Ah,I wasn't aware that a cycle type of process was involved. I hadn't come across that in my limited reading on the subject.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store