Anyone ever get Wife/GF aggro for fish?

Rome

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2012
Santa Barbara
OK i went into the LFS tonight with my fiance to check fish out. I was looking for a Red/Green texas or a cuban cichlid to put in my SA tank. I found the red and me and a few of the staff started talkin about stuff and they were showing me all the cool new stuff they got in. She loves plecos and fell in love with this large L200 and says, "i'll buy the fish if you drive home." Next thing i know we left with the red texas, red bay snook, and a 5 inch L200!

How can you disagree to that!

What im thinking in my head is....Justification for new bigger tanks!!!!!!!! and then how many water changes will I have to do a week in about 6 monthes.......

Im sure this isnt the normal GF/wife reaction to buying more fish.... I just thought it was funny that she is so much more the catalyst for getting more fish!

shaneellis1981

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2012
United Kingdom
i have the same situation with my missus - she loves plecs and we have 3 now... she tell me off for buying large fish every time we go the the pet shop but i remind her that the royal plec we have in the tank is going to be bigger than all the rest and she now thinks that the 200L tank is going to be too small... and i have mentioned this to her as well.. so - now im waiting for my new tank to arrive that i ordered 2 weeks ago!! 936L !!! she says that will be fine for her little royal plec now :) and i get a huge tank :) i couldnt be happier!! 8ft x 2 ft x 2 ft.

The wood for the base im going to build arrived yesterday so this weekend im building that - im going to have to put it on the foundations of our house so im taking up the wood flooring and down to the concrete about 2 inches. Quite a big job but my little guys are gona love it!

Reactions: Manish Kolge

NitroDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Italy
Mine use to get quite frustrated but I reminded her it was her grandma that got me into it, just recently I bought her a 10 gallon for her and put a baby GT in it for her and now she loves it, doesn't complain and has bought a few fish for me haha.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NitroDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Italy
i have the same situation with my missus - she loves plecs and we have 3 now... she tell me off for buying large fish every time we go the the pet shop but i remind her that the royal plec we have in the tank is going to be bigger than all the rest and she now thinks that the 200L tank is going to be too small... and i have mentioned this to her as well.. so - now im waiting for my new tank to arrive that i ordered 2 weeks ago!! 936L !!! she says that will be fine for her little royal plec now :) and i get a huge tank :) i couldnt be happier!! 8ft x 2 ft x 2 ft.

The wood for the base im going to build arrived yesterday so this weekend im building that - im going to have to put it on the foundations of our house so im taking up the wood flooring and down to the concrete about 2 inches. Quite a big job but my little guys are gona love it!
I want to see this when it's done!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rome

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2012
Santa Barbara
Yea! I would not call it a problem at all!!!!!

I tried to talk her into at least the L190 but she wanted the more expensive L200....

Nice monster tank! Cant wait to get one myself.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Lmao my wife did the same thing to me at petsmart a few weeks ago. I wanted to get a rapheal catfish or pictus catfish and she talked me into getting her an oscar cause her old one died. Then later that day she bought another oscar from a lfs. Now she wants me to set up my 125 for the oscars.

Sent from my Comet using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RobE

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
Seminole, FL
I call my wife my enabler. I say I want to get something and she's like well go ahead. I told her I want to build a 1500 gallon tank and she told me we have to move into our new house then I can. We have been looking at houses with tank space in mind. Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store