Anyone ever get Wife/GF aggro for fish?

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
Mine is in the kitchen... Where she belongs.

Haha. Actually, she likes fish a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Mines in the baseme...

I won't go there.

My Girlfriend loves to watch the fish, but loses interest as soon as any physical labour is involved. I.e water changes.

Rome

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2012
Santa Barbara
Mines in the baseme...

I won't go there.

My Girlfriend loves to watch the fish, but loses interest as soon as any physical labour is involved. I.e water changes.
I showed mine how to clean the canister filters yesterday. I highly doubt that she would actually do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
My fiance loves animals much as i do i lucked out. She always wants to feed my fish. She even help moved tanks when we moved 2 years ago. She has one tank i bought her a while back she loves plecos and catfish. She has stayed up all night with me cleaning up when i accidently over filled a tank and flooded the livingroom. She cares as much about the wellbeing of my fish as i do so larger tanks have never been a problem. I got me a real keeper.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Lucky! Must've been awesome for her to have bought a fish like that without complaining like I've heard most wives do. Lol

-Andrew

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
Sounds like my wife. She let me get a 44g corner for her to have a couple discus. She even fills my buckets up for water changes, adjusts the temperature, and adds the prime. :D

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
I've been into discus lately, and have been beefing up my collection. My wife started to give me flak about how much I've been spending on fish. So, I told her to come with me to the fish store and help me pick out the next one. So we went and looked and she said "this one's cute" (pigeon blood). So, I told the employee "we'll take this one". Then she said "well, you can't leave the other two by themselves". SO, because of her, I got to buy three discus, but if I went by myself, I would have only gotten one. Haha... women... They're so easy...

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
she's the reason i have a saltwater tank and bought the pair of clowns to start it off... of course i paid for everything else :ROFL:

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I told my wife if she wanted me to stop buying fish, she had to stop buying shoes. For every pair of shoes she bought, I could buy a fish. Well I have since had to add 2 tanks to acommidate new fish and everyone is happy!!!

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Mine likes fish, but hates my obsession. She is sure that i love them more than her :-/ HOWEVER, she has agreed to having a fish tank per room when we get a house out in cali. her only rule is it has to be done nicely and i can't have a fish room... which although looks nicer, makes weekly water changes a pain...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store