Architecture for animals. please help.

wfex4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2008
Cape Coral, Fl
If Im not mistaken, there used to be a member here named ZooDiver that worked in/for large public aquariums and regularly posted about construction and maintenance of the same. You could probably try searching for him and checking out his post history to get a good starting point.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If Im not mistaken, there used to be a member here named ZooDiver that worked in/for large public aquariums and regularly posted about construction and maintenance of the same. You could probably try searching for him and checking out his post history to get a good starting point.

Zoodiver Zoodiver yes he pops in on the forum now and then. He has been very busy last time his post was made.

Last edited:

ranjana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2016
Thank you so much! I'll try and get in contact with him :)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Hi. Yes, late to the party. Been slammed starting several facilities in the US and getting a few others started on paper.
If you have specific questions, feel free to post them.

Also, there are several amazing zoological design firms and mega aquarium design companies here in the US that you might want to reach out to as well. Grab a copy of the AZA "Connect" magazine and read through some of the more well known companies for the major zoos.

Companies like ATM, Living Color, Waterlife Design, Titan Aquatics, Custom Aquarium etc... are all very good at going from a blank space to a fully designed set up.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm not sure if you are close to any public aquariums. If you are I'd suggest seeing about taking a guided tour. MOA sea life has a tour of behind the scenes that was pretty neat. Not the most educated guides, but they had staff working during the tour and you can ask questions. Along with getting to see the set ups first hand. That's personally what I enjoyed the most. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know(I grew up watching any and all documentaries I possibly could. Still do.)
But getting to see how things are run was pretty awesome. The holding tanks, med tanks, kitchen for food prep, animals bred for food, the testing room, etc.
best of luck!

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
.....MOA sea life has a tour of behind the scenes that was pretty neat. Not the most educated guides, but they had staff working during the tour and you can ask questions....
If you ever have questions about that facility, I know a thing or two beyond what a BTS tour guide has to offer. :)

Reactions: MrsE88

ranjana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2016
Hi. Yes, late to the party. Been slammed starting several facilities in the US and getting a few others started on paper.
If you have specific questions, feel free to post them.

Also, there are several amazing zoological design firms and mega aquarium design companies here in the US that you might want to reach out to as well. Grab a copy of the AZA "Connect" magazine and read through some of the more well known companies for the major zoos.

Companies like ATM, Living Color, Waterlife Design, Titan Aquatics, Custom Aquarium etc... are all very good at going from a blank space to a fully designed set up.
Hello, Thank you for the response. This information is just for a thesis topic for college. I checked out the magazine, lots of interesting articles available online. I live in India and it's not possible for me to physically reach out to these firms also I'm not sure whether they would be willing to help me out for a college. I will look into the companies as well. I was thinking of going with something along the lines of conservation center for species of western ghats, India.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store