Are Fly river turtles illigal now?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I dont know what is more impressive, the turtle or the rock on your wife finger:headbang2
Thanks. My wife likes it, too. I cut 3 of the 7 marquis diamonds and designed the setting.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There are a bunch of threads concerning bottom fish that FRTs have killed and maimed. One of my 2 year old FRTs bit a perfect wedge out of one of my AULs. The AUL didn't survive the attack.

One big issue with keeping riverine rays and FRTs together is water chemistries. FRTs prefer hard slightly brackish water with a high pH.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
At one point, there were alot of threads displaying FRTs in a comm tank (including with rays). Since then, we've seen quite a few threads about FRTs injuring tankmates (including rays). I don't remember seeing any recent updates about comms still with FRTs. I've drawn my own conclusion over the matter and have chosen to keep my FRT in his own tank. You all can draw your own conclusions and go from there.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Yearling or older turtle sales from private owner to private owner is still legal in the US and Canada. As was the case before Indonesia closed the door, all FRTs in private ownership by end-use customers (retail buyers) are considered legal. Hatchling sales are still legal from retail owner to another retail buyer, but count on a knock on the door to ask you for your source. The current ban applies to businesses such as exporters, importers, and wholesalers.
I trust oddball's comment, so I am going to show you my FRT :D

Meet Mikumo the FRT, I believe she's a girl, because she got a short taill. She is around 3 years old and 9" long! :D She is waiting for transfer to her square quarantine tank, as her original tank sprunk a leak :(

930.jpg

VNCNT

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
rand mcnally
oddball, which ken's sticks do you use? the veggie sticks i assume... should i go with the regular ones or extra calcium?

also, thanks for all the help and advice. you saved my frt... to comment on tankmates: nothing is safe. my frt has nipped and injured all tankmates and is responsible for one death. he was fine with fish for a long time, then went after my catfish... then the characins... then the datnoid. he is now in solitary confinement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store