Azul grow out thread

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
Nice, I had a Motoro previously, would love to have a Motoro and Leo eventually.

Haha wait for the Americans to fall over at this! Was looking at $750.

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Nice, I had a Motoro previously, would love to have a Motoro and Leo eventually.

Haha wait for the Americans to fall over at this! Was looking at $750.
I’m hoping my hybrid ray darkens abit I love the black base rays. Still cheaper then im looking at just over a $1000 one of the dream fish though

Reactions: Eric A

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Yeah for sure, I think the tank space always helps there will be plenty spending there lives out in 180gallon or less tanks I recon. I’ve got a bag of massivore waiting for when they finish there current sinking pellets well my rays Sinking pellets haha Nearly have to feed the bass until they explode so the rays can get there fill. I also feed mine morning and night. My biggest is starting to carry the body spangling like your guys. Yours still look next level! What’s your water like gh and kh wise?
Yep exactly - Bass will generally look as good as you treat them.

Once my tanks are cycled, I never test my water again (outside of the odd Nitrate check). Couldn't tell you what my parameters are at the moment, just that my Nitrate was about 10ppm last I checked it.

It's a shame they mostly lose their spots. The half bars are starting to come through on mine, so I don't expect the spotting will hang around too much longer.

Reactions: TheWolfman

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
All yours are looking fat and healthy.

I'm guessing they will get to be a pretty standard bass size most will 'max out' at 18-22" and you'll see the occasional well cared for male that is 24-28".

Same as Monoc's really - every once in a while you'll see a really big one.

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
All yours are looking fat and healthy.

I'm guessing they will get to be a pretty standard bass size most will 'max out' at 18-22" and you'll see the occasional well cared for male that is 24-28".

Same as Monoc's really - every once in a while you'll see a really big one.
I’m tipping that bass of yours will be the well cared for one that reaches 24plus!

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
haha, we will have to wait and see.

Would be good if we can both keep this thread updated moving forward to see how they all turn out.

There was a big glut of Xingu's 6 months ago too - haven't seen anymore since.

There's definitely another batch on the market - saw some small 4-5cm available again.

Reactions: Eric A
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store