Beamswork LED's

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
My tank is 6' long x 3' wide x 21" high. How well do the Beamworks lights cover front to back? I tried a Marineland single bright 36" led on one half of the tank and most of the light was focused in the middle (front to back) of the tank. I currently have 2, single bulb 36" fluorescent light strips that cover all of the tank. Wondering if Beamworks spread the light out as well as fluorescent tubes?

Eyebedam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
This thread convinced me to buy these Beamswork LEDs!

I have a 8x2x2 240g tank and I'm going to buy 2 36" Freshwater Bright lights for it. I have datnoids and a bichir and I want to have darker areas around the sides of the tank for them. These are the lights I'm looking to get: http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-Freshwater-Bright-p/56283.htm. Thanks for all the good tips in this thread about these lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-36-600-...869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d512bac5

Eyebedam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
My tank is 6' long x 3' wide x 21" high. How well do the Beamworks lights cover front to back? I tried a Marineland single bright 36" led on one half of the tank and most of the light was focused in the middle (front to back) of the tank. I currently have 2, single bulb 36" fluorescent light strips that cover all of the tank. Wondering if Beamworks spread the light out as well as fluorescent tubes?

If you look 1 page back there's some pics of my 180 with beamswork light. I have complete coverage

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I have 2x48" V1's and my tank is 27.5" wide. I doubt you will get complete coverage with 2x36" strips. If it was me I'd do 4x36 or 2 of the new 72" ones. P.s. I live your dims.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise

hbengtson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
USA
Mine was horrific!!! Will never do business with Aquatraders again-

I hope your experience with aquatraders turn out better than mine did. They have horrible customer service and could care less if you develop a problem with anything they send you.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
I picked up 2 36" led 600 lumen lights from aquatraders to put on a 8' tank. I like these lights. The lights are bright enough to cover the entire tank even though its 2 ft shorter than my tank.

These lights are a little dimmer than my old lights but i like that better because itz better for the type of fish I have (datnoids). Plus i like the shimmer that they give off. Im planning to add a powerhead and it should make the shimmer effect even bigger.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I picked up 2 36" led 600 lumen lights from aquatraders to put on a 8' tank. I like these lights. The lights are bright enough to cover the entire tank even though its 2 ft shorter than my tank.

These lights are a little dimmer than my old lights but i like that better because itz better for the type of fish I have (datnoids). Plus i like the shimmer that they give off. Im planning to add a powerhead and it should make the shimmer effect even bigger.

Care to add some pics? Please and thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store