Better shots of 700Gal in Garage...

Samps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Can't believe I didn't put these in my last post.

Here are some shots:

The pic with the ladder and the 70 gal tank is for reference. It's a 6ft. ladder. :)

The "Black box" of filtration has a built in pump and that's all that the former owners were using to filtrate this tank!!! You'll see the new pump I have for this now. It pushes 5,800+GPH. :clap

I also took a picture of the sump too. Not sure how many gallons it holds but it's pretty big.

Plumbing should be complete this Saturday (as I've mentioned before) and I'll post pics of the progress. :)

Your suggestions on any further filtration is much appreciated. ;)

700 In Garage 001.jpg

700 In Garage 002.jpg

700 In Garage 003.jpg

700 In Garage 004.jpg

700 In Garage 005.jpg

700 In Garage 006.jpg

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
WOW!!! What is the dimension of each "cube"?

Samps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
Lakeland, FL
flagtail;840338; said:
Is the tank bottom being supported by plywood? or just over the blocks?
Plywood just over the blocks to keep from the concrete edges digging into the tank.

The bottom of the tank has a 2" acrylic base which will keep this from bowing/cracking. Poseiden Aquariums in Kissimmee is helping me set this up and they said they have much larger tanks on similar concrete stands with no problems.

I don't know WHY I keep calling this a 700 Gal either. Each tube is 360 gal with the actual tubes separating the cubes holding approx. 25-28 gallons. It's more like a 750gal but, for some reason, I can't seem to get it through my head... *Sigh* :screwy: LOL

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
Damn, that's nice man. Definitely keep us posted along the way. Good to see you moved it into the garage too.

Samps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
Lakeland, FL
I actually think the cylinders make it different considering the fish can swim through them from one side to the other. It's unique and not something you see very often.

Try moving that thing while trying not to stress the cylinders!! Not easy...

I am going to empty out my 180, 2x125's into it and see how I like the stocklist. I will add some other guests here and there possibly depending on the bio load. I'm not a big "overstocker" and like my fish to have some room so we'll see...

Any fish left over will go into my 400 gal once I have it completed and then it's on to the next monster tank. Not for sure what I want yet...

I saw an 800gal "show" pond with 500lbs of rock that the guy would bring to my house and install for $550.00. I might give that a look.

Anyway, I'll post "progress" pics as they come about! Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store