Bichir and Datnoid sizing question

Phoenixsg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Essex, UK
I've not seen platinum Senegal in the U.K!

Also the pic posted above im not quite sure I would call that a platinum!
You don't reckon?

What would draw your thoughts on it?

Not sure if it's worth the gamble, it's a price/experience on a potential platinum. Don't want to pay over the odds for a normal but don't want to miss a opportunity but either way it's a lot for a starter Bichir.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
You don't reckon?

What would draw your thoughts on it?

Not sure if it's worth the gamble, it's a price/experience on a potential platinum. Don't want to pay over the odds for a normal but don't want to miss a opportunity but either way it's a lot for a starter Bichir.
The colour makes me think it's not a good platinum.

Are you buying your polys privately or from a fish shop?

Phoenixsg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Essex, UK
The colour makes me think it's not a good platinum.

Are you buying your polys privately or from a fish shop?
Store. Although I don't think (if it is indeed a washed out normal) that he's trying to deceive me, he thinks it's a platinum.

I'm going to give it a miss I think. I don't have nearly enough experience with these splash the extra, even if it is a imo a stunning Senegal.

Thanks for the advice guys.

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
Store. Although I don't think (if it is indeed a washed out normal) that he's trying to deceive me, he thinks it's a platinum.

I'm going to give it a miss I think. I don't have nearly enough experience with these splash the extra, even if it is a imo a stunning Senegal.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I doubt the staff are trying to mug you off, most of the time the staff don't know the species themselves!

Can I ask what fish store you buying from?

Phoenixsg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Essex, UK
it could very well be a platinum, but more of a grade B. So it wouldn't look as nice as the grade A or extremes we are used to seeing.
Thanks. It's good to see everyone's views. I'm sure he'll be snapped up in no time, I'm passing on him myself. I don't have enough insight to take the leap, maybe in the future with some more experience.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks. It's good to see everyone's views. I'm sure he'll be snapped up in no time, I'm passing on him myself. I don't have enough insight to take the leap, maybe in the future with some more experience.
I agree, in my opinion, if you are going to drop some serious cash to get platinum or designer fish, might as well get the one that looks the best/the real deal. Although for the platinum grading system for polys goes, I'm not too sure. Just familiar with clownfish grading. Totally depends on how the fish looks. However, I also don't have 400-600 to spend on a fish. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenixsg
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store