Bichir Playing with Food

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
yes, I enjoy watching them live feed, plus it feels more natural to me. I want to mimick their natural scene as much as possible, but if that means risking their health and the tank's well being, then na.
remember they are scavengers and opportunistic hunters so the tilapia falls into the scavenger side, you can also feed red wigglers and eventually nightcrawlers along with ghost shrimp. Like most fish a variety is best

Reactions: Mokles

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
My 4 inch bichir is now in a 55 gallon tank. The tank has gravel substrate and plenty of driftwood. The bichir is always running around the tank and occasional rests at the bottom. Sometimes it rests on my powerhead.

With that being said, what type of carnivore pellets would be best. Floating or sinking? Does it even matter? And would my bichir be able to identify the pellets as food? Is there a specific brand or type that is irresistible to most or all baby bichirs. I want to know from someone who has experience with bichirs perferably. I feel that if I have sinking pellets my small bichir wouldnt find it in such a big tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Sinki...8-2&keywords=hikari+carnivore+sinking+pellets

This is the easiest to get bichirs to eat in my experience I have never had a bichir not take to them within a couple days whether 2" or 12", captive bred or widcaught

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store