Big tank

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Try Combtail Gourami, Belontia signata. had a couple of these a few years back. Bags of charactor. In that size aquarium aggression should not be an issue. Took food out of my hand.

There are really nice loaches out there aswell.

I might get a couple more!

little monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2005
Holland
www.geocities.com
Belontia signata are nice fish, but I don't find them as beautifull as Colisa species and the other species I mentioned.

I really like kuhli loaches...clown loaches are also beautifull, but when they get big their colours fade a bit.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
You are right on the gourami issue. I am into the cichlid scene and the combtails have most of the personality traits of my CA Cichlids which is probably why I like them.

I used to have three unstriped black kuhli loaches in my earlier days of fishkeeping, they would disapear and re appear months later. They survived a time with a 12" Clarius Cat aswell. I think they lived 4 years which isn't bad for fish of that size.

I think i would go down the route of lots of the smaller Botia rather than the clowns, I have seen foot long clowns. They would dwarf most of the fish you plan to put in.

Sounds like a great project! :)

little monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2005
Holland
www.geocities.com
I think i would go down the route of lots of the smaller Botia rather than the clowns, I have seen foot long clowns. They would dwarf most of the fish you plan to put in.

Yeah you are right...they are so cute and beautifull when they are still small...but they get really big and fat. I've seen some photo's of really big ones..they look the the fish variant of a pig.

I have kuhli loatches of about 5 years now, I heard that they can live to about ten years.

freeform

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
red dot island
rayman45 said:
:cry:

you need SNAKEHEADS. AROWNANS . DATNOIDS. MONSTER CATFISH . PBASS . and stuff like that

.......buterfly fish :cry:
you said it bro...... WHERE'S THE MONSTERS !!!!! :cry:

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Wow cool project dude! Where in Holland do you live? I live in Leeuwarden! And I am in the proces of setting up a 180*65*65 cm tank.

If your not able to find a a Datnioides microlepis, maybe we can do a group order or so...then we can get them cheaper. I want one to and I have found out that there pretty expencive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store