Black diamond stingray breathing heavy just added to tank urgent help please

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
I will post water parameters tomorrow till now I had arowwana and never use this kit for him stingray is sensetive but I was to excited to put him inside tank I forgot everything I am really sorry to post less efficient post but I wonder till I get my kit what else I can do so I post it I can't see that stingray like this it's so hard for me.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Is it a newly established tank? How big is the tank and what filtration do you use? You said you got the ray two days before you put him in this tank. So you did put it in first one tank then moved it to another tank? If so the ray is stressed. And as AnthonyFish20 AnthonyFish20 said in his post it looks alittle skinny but not unhealthy skinny. Post your parameters in order ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. Tested with an liquid test.

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
He is with arowana tank is not new I have arowana since one year so that tank running long , previous owner have him in sand and smaller size aro my aro is little big compare to him tank size 220 and sump filtration 110 gallon I am going to do water test today because I ran out of my stuff my because of lockdown everything is close can't get it so I order online but I am not going to wait I am gonna borrow from someone I can't see him like this this is how he looks today

20200506_081237.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
He is with arowana tank is not new I have arowana since one year so that tank running long , previous owner have him in sand and smaller size aro my aro is little big compare to him tank size 220 and sump filtration 110 gallon I am going to do water test today because I ran out of my stuff my because of lockdown everything is close can't get it so I order online but I am not going to wait I am gonna borrow from someone I can't see him like this this is how he looks today

View attachment 1416474
What are you going to borrow? Whatever you do don't add any medication to the aquarium. How is the Stingray breathing?

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
There was so many mistakes I made beside my water pH was little low compare to previous owner
Big changes in aquarium after I put him in
Stress from my arowana
Turning on lights when he already in stress
1. Stress hormones released into the bloodstream cause an increase in heart-rate and an increase in blood flow to the gills.
2. The increased blood flow to the gills results in the dilation of blood vessels in the gills.
3. As the blood vessels in the gills dilate the surface area of the gills is expanded.
4. The expanded gill surface causes an increased influx of ions and water loss in saltwater fish. Conversely, freshwater fish experience an increased influx of water and loss of ions.

Adrenaline disturbs ion transport at the gill membrane, and both adrenaline and cortisol cause temporary changes in gill permeability which, in fresh water, results in dilution of the blood by excessive gain of water. Avoid handling your fish at all cost. Spooking or stressing the fish, such as tapping on the glass or playful nibbles from tankmates, will cause this surge in adrenaline.( Info available on this site)
That's what happening to him stress from tank mate and many other stupid mistakes I did which eventually results into expanding gill and heavy breathing and death , I am ashamed, guilty and because of my mistakes he loose life I turn happy and healthy fish into dead body in 3 days !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store