Black diamond stingray breathing heavy just added to tank urgent help please

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
I want to thank you all for all your kind gesture and suggestions but I couldn't make it right .

T1015x2

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2020
Are you sure about that?
He had ammonia, ammonia is more lethal in lower ph. The ray went from a presumably cycled tank without ammonia to a tank with ammonia m rays are sensitive.

Can I say without a doubt that's the cause NO. Can I say with a high probability thats the cause yes.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
He had ammonia, ammonia is more lethal in lower ph. The ray went from a presumably cycled tank without ammonia to a tank with ammonia m rays are sensitive.

Can I say without a doubt that's the cause NO. Can I say with a high probability thats the cause yes.
Yes rays are sensitive but not that sensitive IMHO. 0.25 ammonia will not kill your ray. Ive put rays in freshly started tanks and never had any trouble with that. Id say that its stress that killed this ray. From what i understood he recieved the ray and put it in one tank and one or two days after that moved it to a new tank.

T1015x2

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2020
Yes rays are sensitive but not that sensitive IMHO. 0.25 ammonia will not kill your ray. Ive put rays in freshly started tanks and never had any trouble with that. Id say that its stress that killed this ray. From what i understood he recieved the ray and put it in one tank and one or two days after that moved it to a new tank.
I would agree if he moved it around its a culmination of things, stress weakens the immune system add some ammonia and this is the outcome. Better to have an idea going forward for him than it just die and be wondering what went wrong.

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
I didn't move the ray I made big changes in aquarium , light on sometimes , not enough air circulation for small pupp that's was my mistake

I got to know from one of breeder from Facebook where I post this rays previous owner have feed him before travel and that creates more ammonia in water and while traveling stress he **** and piss a lot so he got poison my water parameters was not big issue. From whom I took ray he is just fish keeper like me so he don't have any idea not to feed any ray before traveling.
It was bad luck as well as my mistakes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store