BRACHYPLATYSTOMA JURUENSE injury

aes1687

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2018
Indonesia - California
Hey everyone, so about a year ago, i was keeping this baby juruense and it got sick. It completely lost its tail. Eventually, it started getting better, started eating and growing its tail back. However, only its upper tail grew back, not its lower tail. Ive left it be ever since, thinking that i cant do anything about it, until recently a friend of mine said i could fix its tail! All i need to do is slightly injure its tail again, and the lower part will grow back! What do you guys think? Any experts out there who've done this before? I'd like to see your input! Thanks in advance :)

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter may know about this but I wouldn’t jump on that advice right away. Doesn’t sound too well.

Reactions: aes1687

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That's something I've never done and only read a tiny bit in passing about similar procedures. I don't know what the chances are of accomplishing what you are aiming for. It'd be best for someone who knows this issue well to advise you.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Only person I've seen do this is king of diy on YouTube but he did it to the actual fin not flesh. I wouldn't do it if I were you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store