Branching out challenge

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
How about a challenge to set up an aquarium for free.
I'm all for that.....so much so I'll even put up my fishroom as the location for the challenge
Three hundred gallon tanks or better!

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
How about a challenge to set up an aquarium for free.
Ok so since this challenge has been announced I have picked up 9 new fish 3 new species to me. And 3 new tanks one of them was a 30 gal for free. Which I happen to have filters and a heater just laying around to equip it with.. all I need now is a free canopy and mission accomplished.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
To be honest I've been wanting a few new species for 2 or 3 years now but never got around to getting them because if have to set up 10 gallons or so for them. I'll be pulling my old 10 gallons out of storage tonight :).

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok so since this challenge has been announced I have picked up 9 new fish 3 new species to me. And 3 new tanks one of them was a 30 gal for free. Which I happen to have filters and a heater just laying around to equip it with.. all I need now is a free canopy and mission accomplished.
Mateus is rocking this challenge, what species Matteus Matteus ?

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Mateus is rocking this challenge, what species Matteus Matteus ?
Upside down catfish, tire track eel, Redfin tinfoil barbs. Nothing too exciting in respect of keeping game fish but I am personally expanding my own tastes. I seem to have doubled my number of tanks and acquired a bunch of fish quite suddenly, to the point my wife and I are having a “talk” tonight. She’s starting to get overwhelmed she says. I sense a fishroom in the making

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Or maybe convince her that it would be an investment (somehow) to add onto the house to make a dedicated fish room ;).

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I would never attempt to keep some of the fish you have listed, hence the razzing about Coho. :) Have you ever seen an adult Coho? I would guess that less than 1% of the aquatic keeping population in North America would be equipped to keep salmon in captivity. I have seen various species of adult trout in public aquariums, and even they look ragged and pathetic looking. That's not a challenge, people mistreat and kill fish (sometimes slowly) every day, around the globe.

I also think that most hobbyists try new fish all the time, which is why you don't often see very old fish on forums. I think a real challenge would be take any species that you are interested in, and try and keep it healthy & thriving for 10, 20, or more years. That's the kind of fishkeeping that impresses me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store