Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Branching out challenge

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by Deadliestviper7, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
    1. Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7 The Necromancer

Jason m
      40 minutes ago
      They aren't easy to keep as adults, needing cold water.
      As far as getting one, tuic has sold euoropean burbot, nanfa you could get one easily, and I believe Jonas aquarium gets them from time to time, let me check who's selling them this late in the year

Matteus likes this.
    2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf MFK Members

Yesterday at 7:49 PM
      I kept one for a little while...it seemed happy enough for a little while because I kept my burbot in coke, but didn't last long. There was a horrible accident where I drank it. :(

Dloks, Matteus and fatboy8 like this.
    3. Dloks

Dloks MFK Members

55 minutes ago
      Lmao where the hell do I buy an Artic Char. Bro Jason I like you but the stuff you say bro gets me going lol. Who the hell keeps salmon as pets

4. fatboy8

fatboy8 MFK Members

Today at 1:00 PM
      He claimed burbot were just as easy still waiting for a source or someone that's actually kept them. A quick google search I found two videos in Europe of people having them and a vendor in the German/Austria border. I mean why challenge someone to keep fish that are either rarely/never available or impossible to keep?

I think this post should of stayed the route of if you're a hardcore SA/CA cichlid keeper why not branch out to Africans, maybe a SE Asia Bio type, or North American Natives.

5. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf MFK Members

Yesterday at 7:49 PM
      I guess it wouldn't be a challenge to keep something that's commonly available and easy to keep. "Do you accept the challenge to keep guppies or goldfish?"

6. Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami MFK Members

Today at 1:12 PM
      Keeping Theraps Irregularis right now, purchased them specifically because they are super rare and came available. So I guess I accept the challenge :)
      Also venturing into reef-keeping at the moment, which is not rare, but is new to me so will be a "challenge"

Chicxulub, MrsE88 and Deadliestviper7 like this.
    7. RD.

RD. Crazy Canuck

Billy Jack
      46 minutes ago
      Yeah, pretty sure Wes already said this. lol Nice sales pitch, and kudos to him for bringing in the fish that he does, but I think I'll keep what I like and those that don't approve can go piss up a rope.

Just goes to show how little you know about the various cichlids found in the Rift Lakes. Try expanding your knowledge base beyond what you see at your LFS and you might be surprised at just how different in both physical looks, and behavior many of the Rift Lake species are from each other.

8. Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7 The Necromancer

Jason m
      40 minutes ago
      Someone here used to keep coho salmon, if everything on that list was easy to keep or find it wouldn't be much of a challenge, the point is 1. Venture out beyond your comfort zones, and 2. Try to keep something isn't kept by everybody and their grandma, some of the fish on my list would be easiest to obtain on a fishing website, how do you think all those wild caught xanthic gar come from?

Matteus likes this.
    9. Dloks

Dloks MFK Members

55 minutes ago
      Xanathic gars comes from opportunity seekers who sees a chance to make money and takes it! Bro I have never seen you post any pictures of your tanks or fishes. Do you even water bro

10. Warborg

Warborg MFK Members

Today at 12:56 PM
      Too be fair, I've hardly posted any pictures of my tanks.

Chicxulub and Deadliestviper7 like this.